chapter sixteen

LILIANA WALSH was currently bawling inside of her bathroom

LILIANA WALSH was currently bawling inside of her bathroom. She shrunk into herself as she kept receiving love texts from Lucas, who was currently back in France to see his family. To anyone else it would seem like Lucas had hurt Liliana, but he had actually done nothing. Liliana just didn't love him.

The artist had no intention of marrying her former neighbor, until he got down on one knee and asked her. Tom would always call Liliana an 'I love you slut'. She loved romance, Nicholas Sparks, and Disney movies.

So, when her boyfriend asked her the big question, she said yes. She always imagined her proposal with the right guy at the right time. But neither of those things were true. She had to say yes, Lucas is a nice boy with a stable job. She has to marry him. Doesn't she?

As more tears flooded down her cheeks, she heard the door unlocking and keys jiggling. Her eyebrows rose in shock, she wipes her tears and walked out of the bathroom.

"Lucas?" She called out, as she walked into the front room. He wasn't there. She turned to look into the kitchen, but she ran directly into a body that was standing behind her.

Frightened, Liliana backs away, but it's only Tom. Relief floods through the girls body. "Oh thank God, I thought you were a killer. I forgot you knew where the keys are hid."

Tom rolls his eyes, "Who would want to kill you?"

"Blair Holmes from high school," Liliana answers with a smile.

Tom laughs and says, "I forgot about 'Bitchy-Blair'! Man, she was a bitch."

"Anyway," Liliana began, "What do you need?"

Tom starts to fidget, and Liliana can see it. "You okay, Tom? What's wrong?"

"I need to tell you something," he says.

Liliana jokingly widens her eyes and says, "Okay, what is it?"

Tom sighs and goes quiet for a moment. "Its been eating at me for the longest time, and I've wanted to tell you since it all began, but I couldn't. I couldn't bring myself to possibly ruin your happiness. You're my best friend, and I've tried to fight this repeatedly, and I couldn't. It's real. I really love you, Liliana. Like, love. And I know I've always said that it's too early for commitment, and you're the 'I-love-you-slut', not me. But I can't-"

Tom was silenced when he noticed Liliana's face. It wasn't bashful, it wasn't full of love, or sadness, or anything like that. It was anger.

"How could you do this to me," She mutters as she stands up from the couch, "You can't just spring your feelings on me when I'm about to get married! Why didn't you tell me this before I got engaged?"

"Lils, I'm not springing anything on you! My cast mates told me I should tell you-"

Liliana cut him off, "YOU TOLD YOUR CASTMATES?! They must think I'm such a bitch! For making the treasured Tom Holland heartbroken," She mocked.

"And I can't believe that you would tell before you even told me! That's bullshit. You're too selfish to admit your feelings sooner so you have to do it when it's already too late. You knew I would've gone with you, so now y-you just have to spring this on me and ruin my perfectly happy relationship!"

Tom looks down and fiddles with his fingers. As much as he tried to resist it, he begins crying. His voice shaking, he says, "I just couldn't, L-Lils-"

"Only Lucas can call me that now."

Silence falls over the two, as Liliana realizes what she just said. "Tom, I didn't mean to-" She tried to apologize, but Tom walked straight out of the apartment.

Mumbling through his tears as he briefly walked passed her, "Glad to know how you feel, too."

Liliana didn't do much for the next few moments. She just stood in shock. Why did she react that way? Why would I do that to him? So many thoughts running through her head, as she paces around her and her fiancé's small apartment. She didn't know what to do, think, or feel. She couldn't even eat for the rest of the day.

But one thought continued to process in her mind, even though she thought it was already answered; would I rather be with Lucas or Tom?

__

okuurrrrrrr