Explanation

A/N: Hello viewers! This is my first story on WattPad and it is about my favourite reality T.V. Show/Competition Series.............Survivor!!! No, this book is not as boring as you think it is and I actually think it will be quite enjoyable so bear with me and give it a read! This chapter is just an explanation of how Survivor works. There will be a few more mini chapter featuring the characters, smaller details, examples, etc.

Posted above, I have a video explaining how Survivor works. The video is very clear but it just explains the basic game. There is a lot more detail in this chapter. That being said, it's probably best to watch that one minute video first (Survivor Explained by David Nogueira, just in case it doesn't work- search on YouTube).

That's pretty much it :) Enjoy!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Pre-Merge Phase: A group of contestants/castaways are stranded onto an island where they are met by the host, Jeff Probst. Jeff then divides them into 2 separate Tribes. Each tribe has their own beach on the island where they must stay, build a shelter, find food, get water and sleep for the next 39 Days. Every few days, the tribes will compete against each other for rewards (luxurious food, sleeping equipment, items for a more comfortable camp life, fishing gear, etc....) and most importantly, immunity.

The Challenges involve lifting, puzzles and swimming of any sort. The tribe that wins, will be safe from being voted out. The losing tribe will have some time to form alliances, make deals and think of who to vote out within their tribes. They will then go to Tribal Council (the voting area) and will first be asked questions by Jeff on their camp life and strategy. They will all individually vote. Jeff will then tally the votes and reveal them. The person with the most votes will be voted out and will be eliminated from the game. The cycle continues until there are 10-13 people left.

Merge Phase: Once there are 10-13 people left, the two tribes will Metge together to form one tribe. Challenges will now be individual and everyone will be competing for individual immunity and rewards. Everyone will be going to Tribal Council at this point, since we have now reached The Merge and there is only 1 tribe. Everyone voted out in The Merge section of the game, becomes part of the jury. The Jury are the people who are voting for the winner. The cycle continues until there are 2-3 people left.

Final 2/3 Phase: This is when we have the Final 2/3. Once we reach this portion, the Final 2/3 castaways left will be questioned by all the jurors (members of the jury; the most recent 8-10 people eliminated, all in the merge phase). The jurors will then all individually vote for a winner based off of how they're questions were answered and the main aspects of Survivor. Most jurors vote off of Strategic game play, Social connections or # of Competitions one. Some jurors vote bitterly against those who back stabbed them and some vote for the most deserving winner. Whoever gains the most out of the Final 2/3 wins the game. Ultimately, Survivor is a social and strategic game, but challenges are also very important and you always need a little bit of luck.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A/N: This was the basic explanation. Congrats if you were able to read the entire thing. If you still don't understand, comment below or message me privately and I will do my best to explain it to you. Thanks for reading and let me know what you think! Remember to vote and comment!

Next Chapter: Smaller Details/Twists + Examples