You Meet At a Bar

Request from @Autumnbreeze1232, enjoy(;

~~~~~

You pushed through the crowded party, trying to find the exit. You'd only come for a drink, but you weren't expecting there to be this many people. And you were not in the mood to party.

Your boyfriend had broken up with you earlier that day. You caught him cheating on you, yet he broke up with you. So naturally, you needed something to take your mind off him.

Then, next to the exit, you saw the bar. Deciding that this trip shouldn't go to complete waste, you took a seat there and ordered yourself a drink.

"So," said the bartender. "You downed that one fast. Another?"

You absentmindedly nodded and he passed you another round.

"Bad day?" asked a deep voice from your left.

"You could say that," you muttered.

"Let me guess, boyfriend troubles?"

You finally turned to see who was talking to you. There he sat, with his dirty blonde hair and chocolate brown eyes. He was staring right at you, not surprised that you turned to face him. This kind of bothered you since even you didn't know why you looked that way.

"Yeah," you answered hesitantly. "Boyfriend troubles."

"Seems like a bad year for love, doesn't it?" he asked. "I've had my fair share of some relationship drama recently, too."

You shook your head. "Love overpowers everything. So if you broke up with someone, you were never really in love with them."

He tilted his head slightly. "I guess that makes sense. May I buy your next drink?"

"No, it's alright. I came here with enough money for several."

"Yeah, well I've got enough money for millions. No exaggeration."

You laughed. "What job do you have that gives you enough money for a million drinks?"

He smirked. "I act. You know, Game of Thrones? Love Actually?"

"Love Actually," you repeated. "That's my favorite movie." You studied his face for a moment before a smile lit up your face. "Sam, right?"

He nodded. "So let me ask you again. May I buy your next drink?"

"No, I think I'm done," you said. "I kind of want to remember meeting one of my favorite characters of all time, you know. I'm Y/N."

"Thomas Sangster." Thomas held out a hand that you shook without hesitating.

His hand was both rough and smooth at the same time, and yours seemed to fit perfectly in it. When you made contact with him, your heart soared up into the air and did several backflips and then landed in the pit of your stomach. There was something more to this than the excitement of meeting the actual, grown-up Sam. You just knew there was.

"Y/N?"

You blinked. "Sorry. What?"

He chuckled. "Zoned out, huh?"

"Yeah," you answered as he ordered himself a drink of his own.

Once it was passed to him, he stared at it for a moment. Finally, he shook his head and raised it up towards you as if giving a toast before quickly downing it. He set the empty glass down and sighed.

"Were you trying to tell me something before I zoned out?" you asked, not being able to stop yourself.

"No," Thomas replied. Your heart sunk. "Just wanted to see if you were okay."

With that, he ordered himself another round and turned to you. "Are you sure you don't want any more?"

"I'm good," you said. "Thanks, though."

You watched him drink that one. And another. And another. Finally, you stepped in to stop him.

"Thomas, that's enough," you said. "You don't want to be drunk this late at night. Who knows what you would do out there alone? Get in a car wreck as a drunk driver or get mugged or something?"

He turned to you, seeming out of it. You mentally slapped him. He's already drunk. Too late.

"Why would I get in a car wreck?" he asked calmly. Then, he corrected himself. "Oh. Oh, wait. Now I know."

"Because you'd be drunk," you said flatly, getting impatient.

"No," he said, putting a hand up. "Id get in a car wreck because I'd be thinking about you."

"What?" you questioned.

"You're beautiful, you know," Thomas said, his speech getting messy. "I'd be thinking of how pretty and how nice you are and I'd get in a car wreck." Then he looked up at you, and as if he were pointing out that he just found Atlantis or something, he exclaimed, "I'd get in a car wreck, Y/N! I'd be thinking too much a..bout Y/N."

"Thomas," you whispered.

He suddenly seemed very tired. "And I...wouldn't get mugged, Y/N. You know I woul...dn't."

You raised an eyebrow, still stunned by what this boy that you just met was telling you. "And why wouldn't you get mugged?"

He put his hands up again and put on a smirk. "Beca..use I'm Thomas Sangster."

You laughed and rolled your eyes. "Yeah, I'll admit that's a good reason." He seemed very proud of that. "But I'm not risking that," you quickly added.

You stood up and fished your car keys out of your purse. "Come on, Thomas. I'm driving you home."

"Okay, Y/N."