You Go To The Fair Together

This was a request from @HyppoGirl, so I hope you enjoy it(:

~~~~

It was a ridiculously hot day in July, and you were sitting on the couch in your flat, with your air conditioning on, as well as several fans. It seemed as though everyone in London was trying to keep cool in those typical ways you see on television cartoons: wandering around with pocket fans and gallons of water that (in the cartoons but sadly not in real life) you can just pull out of midair, avoiding anything that can risk getting them more sweaty, etcetera. Worse yet, the pool was under construction, hence it was closed.

You sighed as you finished your second water bottle, seeing your roommate already on her sixth. As she swallowed, she glanced at the corner of the room.

"See that blanket over there? It's making me upset," she said.

You looked at her. "Uh... Why?"

"The thought of having it on me," she explained, "is disgusting. I mean, it's what, 100 degrees?"

"More than that," you interrupted, but she didn't seem to notice.

"It's 100 bloody degrees out there! That would add like 5-10 more onto me because of that stupid thing and I would die and--"

"Oh my gosh, stop. I'll just move the blanket," you laughed.

"No, leave it! I like complaining about it."

"Yeah. You've made that clear." As you said this, you stood up to go throw away your bottle, but as you were walking towards the trash can, the doorbell went off.

You automatically went to get it, ignoring your roommate as she yelled, "If it's those door-to-door salesmen with the fans, get like five more, 'kay?"

But it was not the fan salesmen. As you opened your front door, you saw the familiar face of your boyfriend, Thomas. His blonde hair had actually been somewhat controlled for once, and he still wore his usual grin, though also wearing a plain red t-shirt and shorts.

You blinked, "I think that's the simplest outfit I've ever see you wear."

His grin grew, and your friend called, "Hurry up with the fans, Y/N!"

You groaned and called back, "It's not the fan guy, it's Thomas."

There's a pause, then, "Would you happen to have a fan on you, Thomas?"

"I think I'm the only person who doesn't, sorry," he laughed. "Anyway, anyway, I stopped by to give you this."

You took the newspaper he held out to you. You only read the headline before looking up at him, smiling like an idiot. Apparently the fair was in town. And he knew how much you loved fairs.

"I mean, since the pool's closed--" he started, only to get cut off by a "YES!!"

Thomas smiled down at you, then quietly asked, "Should we invite--" but you cut him off again with, "No."

So the two of you left without your roommate, driving off towards the location of the fair. When it came to London, it was always during the summer, and it was always really awesome. You haven't gotten him to go with you to it yet, though, so him offering was pretty exciting. You just wondered what rides he'd be willing to go on.

When you arrived, your boyfriend payed for both of you to enter, no matter how much you protested. As you walked through the big gates, he looked up and looked around, taking a breath. You glanced at him. Was this why he never went with you? Because he was nervous? An evil smirk spread across your face as you grabbed his hand and pulled him in the direction of the Ferris wheel.

As soon as he saw where you were taking him, he started saying, "No, no, no, no, Y/N, no."

"Come along, Newt," you said as you got in line. "Or should I be saying Ferb or Jojen or something."

"Thomas is fine," he grinned, despite the look he was giving the Ferris wheel.

"Fine, Thomas," you said. "For the record, you doomed yourself the moment you showed up at my flat."

"Yeah, now I'm aware of that," said Thomas, who then lowered his voice, "Do we have to?"

"Yes."

"Shank."

You grinned. "Crank."

"Oh, that's cold," Thomas said, looking fake offended.

"Hey, don't blame me, blame James Dashner."

By the time you got on the Ferris wheel, it was obvious he was trying to act all tough and fearless. You just watched him amusedly as the ride started.

Finally, he turned to you. "Uh, how high does this thing get?"

"On a scale of one to ten, like nine. This isn't the highest I've been on," you said. "Don't worry about it, alright? Don't look outside."

You mentally sighed as he did exactly the opposite, looking down at the people below. While you expected him to panic or something, he surprised you by giving you a wide grin, beaming at everything.

"Woah," he said.

You laughed.

"No, I mean, woah!" said Thomas, his eyes lighting up. "Nothing has ever looked like that EVER! Not even from a plane!! Oh my gosh!"

Still laughing, you kissed his cheek. "Now aren't you glad I made you come?"

He nodded vigorously. "It's awesome." Then, "Hey, Y/N, look! It's Kaya and what's-his-face!"

"Her boyfriend," you said. "Duh. Wanna go say hi once we're off?"

He nodded again. "Oh, but first." Then the two of you kissed, your lips moving perfectly in sync. Once he pulled back, he grinned and said, "She's not cool enough to see that."