Daddy's Little Girl...13

Chapter 13-The Mysterious Case of Robyn Fletcher

Myles' POV

As I drove into my new school, to start my second day, I kept thinking about that girl Robyn. Something was wrong in her life and I really needed to find out what it was, all of her emotions overpowered me like no one else's had before. She was very confusing, most people only show one or two strong emotions at the best of times, but Robyn had many not-so-strong emotions going all at once. I could sense a lot of hurt, pain, embarrassment, guilt, fear and even sadness hidden inside her that she didn't show on the outside, then a thin layer of very strong emotions on top, as if forced there, constantly plastered on her face to hid whatever secret she's keeping.

Yesterday, when I found her in the shed, all the fake emotions were gone, it was just her. She was so confused about something, and terrified. I had originally thought she was scared of her intruder, but the fear stayed the whole time. Except for once: when I told her that I wanted to be friends with her. There was just pure relief and disbelief and joy, she had just lunged at me and gave me a crushing hug so that I couldn't breathe. She backed off, but not completely, so I had gotten a little more comfy and wrapped my arms around, not sure what would happen next. I found out soon enough.

She had stiffened and waves of caution washed over me as I pulled back a little to ask what was wrong. That was when the previous layer of underlying emotions all came crashing back in one big woosh and she gasped in...pain, I think it was, as her body started shaking with sobs. All of that had happened in because I simply wrapped my arms round her in a friendly hug. That was my first piece of evidence and my first clue into solving the mystery of Robyn Fletcher.

Then there was the reaction to the time; she had finally stopped crying and looked around the room, then froze. The panic and terror was practically making the little old shed shake. But, although she gasped an "Oh my God I have to go", she hadn't moved. I thought maybe I was holding her too tightly, so I moved backwards and stretched my arms out behind me. There was my second clue into the mystery of Robyn.

Then lastly, there was when I took her home. She was very afraid about something and told me to never go back to her house without her asking first.

I got out of my car, shouldered my bag and looked around to see if Robyn or her friends were here yet, but I couldn't see them so I went straight in. A few minutes later, Liam and Jaycee came in and sat down next to me.

"Hey guys, where's Robyn?" I asked

"Oh, if she isn't here yet, she probably isn't coming in" came the casual reply. I frowned,

"Any idea why?"

"No, but every now and then she doesn't come in for a few days"

"We used to ask why and where she'd been, but she never told us, she just changed the subject or shrugged it off. So we just ignore it now."

So every now and then she doesn't come into school for a few days, then comes back and acts indifferently. Could this be clue number3?

The day was long and boring, well, except for all the girls trying to talk to me and hearing even more sadistic rumours about Robyn. I was glad to hop into my car at the end of the day and drive home, some alone time, finally! But as I pulled into the drive, a sudden thought occurred to me, so instead of going in and straight up to my room, I grabbed some biscuits and walked down to the old abandoned house. I knew she probably wouldn't be there, but it was a nice place anyway.

I clambered over the log-pile and stopped for a minute, to see if she was there...she was. I could sense pain, both emotional and physical, but they were dulled by a sense of restless peace...she was asleep.