He grinned. "Yeah! Thanks, A!"

  I smiled. "No problem, Raf. Have fun."

  He was already into it, analyzing the data as it came in. I was glad I found something for Raf to apply himself to; he never was one for battle strategy. He excelled at computer and tech, making him a natural in this element.

  "Ratchet, can I get a ground bridge?" Bulkhead's voice came over the comm and Ratchet opened the bridge, allowing the wrecker to drive through.

  "No sign of energon spikes." He said as he walked towards the medic. "Arcee or Bee find the space bridge?"

  Ratchet hesitated for a long moment before replying. "They haven't yet reported back."

  "Ratchet. You alright?"

  Another pause. "Hm? Yes, yes. Let's just get you to the next quadrant."

  Before he could reopen the ground bridge, the base's main computers started beeping and flashing.

  "What is it?" I asked, moving so I could peer at the screen.

  "A high-frequency signal," Ratchet said as he read the info. "With an embedded message... for me?"

  I perked up at that. "Optimus?"

  "Starscream." He said grimly. "'I have obtained information regarding your leader. Bring medical kit. Come alone.'"

  "You're not actually going alone, right?" Raf asked, looking up momentarily.

  "No," Bulkhead said. "I'm coming with. Let's go, Doc."

  "Don't call me that."

~~

  "We confirmed that Optimus is on the Nemesis and currently unharmed." I felt a load of relief wash through me at Ratchet's words. Jack and Miko had arrived at the base via Ms. Darby just as the medic and Bulkhead returned from their meeting with Starscream. Arcee and Bumblebee also returned, finding no energon signals in their quadrants either. Just moments ago, Finn and Agent Fowler came through the elevator, with no updates on the situation at the moment. At least the whole gang was here now.

  "And the Decepticons' space bridge is located right here," Ratchet pinpointed a location on the computer. "Deep within an energon mine."

  "Next to a raw fuel supply," Finn commented from next to me. "Smart."

  "What's our intel?" Arcee asked, suspicion in her tone.

  "A reliable source." Ratchet said, his own tone leaving no room for any more questioning. "So, do we have a consensus?" He turned to us.

  Ms. Darby was the first to argue. "Do we know if people can even breathe your atmosphere?"

  "I'll cover that," Agent Fowler said, getting a glare from the nurse. "I still have connections at NASA-"

  I shook my head. "That'll take too long, you know how they are. If you give me twenty minutes, I can get the fully developed space suits from BeckIT. Roomier and more maneuverable than the NASA stuff, also less of a hassle."

  Agent Fowler didn't look too sure. "Amanda, is it even-"

  "Tested?" I put my hands on my hips. "Don't you remember the moon trip my mom launched when she ran the company? It's been tested and succeeded in the field."

  He nodded, convinced.

  Ms. Darby frowned. "It's too dangerous."

  "Mom," Jack stepped towards her. "I know this is hard. But Optimus risked his life to save our planet, and he's not even human. We owe it to him."