Oops

Hey guys, so I know the last two chapters were pretty short but I'm going to try to make this one longer. The first chapter was just some context so you know what's going on and the last one just seemed like a good place to stop. Sooooo... Comment, vote and follow me.

Harry

Harry clambered through the portrait hole and into the common room where he saw Seamus, Dean, and a bunch of first years he didn't know the names of. He was not in the mood for talking so he just went up to his dormitory.

He changed into pajamas and drank one of the potions. Then he climbed into bed and pulled the curtains closed around him. He found himself drifting off to sleep.

He found himself walking through a dark corridor. He was looking for something. But what? He knew where he needed to go. He went down the corridor to a door, it was behind that door he knew it. There was a voice from inside the door. He reached for the knob.

Harry sat up, his shirt was soaked with sweat and he was panting. He found that he hadn't woken anyone up so he walked to the bathroom. He undressed and got in the shower. He turned the water and let it run over his body.

Why hadn't the potion worked? Did they do it wrong? Did he mess it up? Did he use it wrong? What was behind the door? What did Voldemort want? Sirius said there was something he wanted, something he didn't have before. Was it behind that door? Harry's mind raced. He shampooed and conditioned his hair got out of the shower. Harry grabbed a towel and wrapped it around his waist. He then left the bathroom to get his clothes and get dressed.

In the dorm, he realized the other boys were all awake.

"Where were you Harry?"

"I couldn't sleep."

He quickly threw on his clothes and headed down to the great hall. He walked slowly, not wanting to be the first one there. He wasn't the first one there. When He got there, there was one other person there. Draco Malfoy sat at the Slytherin table, staring at his hands. Harry sat down at the Gryffindor table. They both looked up and made eye contact. They stared at each other for a while before a Slytherin girl came in and draped herself over him. He pushed her off him and she crossed her arms pouting.

------------------------------------------------------

Draco

Draco had been sitting in the great hall early that morning. He was sick of pansy throwing herself at him. When would she get a hint? HE DID NOT LIKE HER! He was just waiting for people to realize he was gay. He had run away from her this morning and come straight to the great hall.

He was staring at his hands when a noise brought him back to earth. He looked up to see Potter sitting down at the Gryffindor table. They made eye contact. Harry's eyes had bags under them and he looked awful despite the shower he must have just taken as his hair was still a little wet.

Draco wondered why he looked so tired. Shouldn't the dreamless sleep potion have given him a restful sleep? He wondered why he even needed the potion. He was told by Dumbledore to help him with the potion but was never told any details. Maybe the years of heroism had finally caught up with him. PTSD maybe.

The doors to the great hall opened and in came Pansy. She found him. "UGH," Draco groaned. she skipped to the table and sat down next to him. she slid her arm around him and leaned into his shoulder.

"Hey Darcy-poo, I found you," she said in the most ridiculous voice.

"Stop with that voice its soo annoying," Draco said pushing her off. she scooted over a little, giving him some space. She crossed her arms, pouting.

"Fine"

when Draco looked back up Harry was looking at the door. it had opened again and this time, in came Seamus, Luna, and a bunch of other Ravenclaws. Next was a group of Hufflepuffs and some first-year Gryffindors. They dispersed and sat down at their proper tables. Harry looked back and upon catching him staring raised an eyebrow. Draco looked down but made a note to catch him later to ask about the potion.

Breakfast dragged on and he was continually bombarded by pansy firing questions at him. And when he finally snapped at her she asked why he didn't want her. So when breakfast was over he ran out of the hall not paying any attention and running into something or someone. It must have been a wall because it knocked him on his ass. But when Draco looked up he was surprised to see Harry Potter looking down at him with a look of surprise.

"Um.." Draco stuttered.

He was surprised again when Harry reached out a strong arm and pulled him up off the ground.

"Your potion didn't work," Harry said.

"Oh?"

"Yeah."

"Why did you need it anyway?" Draco asked, determined to get an answer.

"Because I've been having dreams, well sort of dreams. Voldemort's been unknowingly using legillimency on me. I get these awful dreams where it feels like I'm him it's all from his perspective and I can feel his emotions and I wake up and my scar is on fire and..." Harry suddenly stopped, "And now I'm rambling on to the guy who absolutely hates me and enjoys humiliating me, about the nightmares I wake up from in a cold sweat and shaking. Brilliant plan Harry."

Draco chuckled, then it became a laugh until he was back on the ground. He finally got a grip and Harry helped him up again.

"What was so funny?" Harry asked scowling, "my nightmares?"

"No, the part where the boy who lived rambles and talks to himself. "

"Oh."

"Well I guess we could try again"

"Yeah"

"So I'll meet you again tonight"

"Ok"

"Have you tried learning occlumency?"

"Yeah, Snape used to give me lessons on how but he hates me told me to stop coming."

"Well did it work at all?"

"No, I could never relax and be calm enough. My head is always racing and I'm always worrying about something."

"Oh, well see you tonight."

Draco set off for transfiguration and harry for Herbology. Draco turned after a few steps and watched Harry walking away. Then he turned and walked to his class.

So this chapter did not end up being longer so yeah I guess they will just be short chapters. I know it has been a while but I've been busy with school. I recently went to Champlain College for a writing program. I applied a piece and got in! So that was fun and I would suggest for any of you who like writing to definitely apply next year. Just go online to the Champlain college young writers conference page and check it out. And I know most of you won't read this anyway so I'll just shut up now