John F. Kennedy: The End of Camelot; Ch.12

Chapter 12

Location: Dallas

Character: John Kennedy Jr

Day: November 22, 2013

Time: 7:16 am

The pain spread around him like a deep ache and as the woman checked his blood, he pretended to zone out. As soon as he heard his "daddy" shift slightly, he looked up. The man was gawking at him and the woman's green eyes were wide.

"John-John?" Caroline Kennedy asked, her breath cold. He had lines of age over his face. She could see why his face was all bloody and raw. He was starved. But she hadn't expected the stranger to be him. "How are you alive?"

John was awkward and tense. "I held on to the plane scraps," he said weakly.

He looked at his father. John F. Kennedy, former president of the United States, had deep green eyes and blonde combed hair. There was a scar on his throat and a large chunk of hair that would grow back was missing on his sclap.

John really didn't have any memory of his father. He was basically a little kid when his "daddy" died. And now they'd been lied to. A feeling of anger ignited his soul.

Caroline asked him, "Where's your wife? You know Carolyn?"

"She escaped the train," John said, remembering the screaming and the grotesque things that happened. "I don't know what happened to her. She escaped with the children though."

"Children?" John looked at his father who had spluttered the words out. He was staring hard at John Jr and the man shifted, nervous.

"Yes, Dad," snapped John Jr. "Is there a problem?"

John Kennedy narrowed his eyes at him. He didn't reply.

"Before we start playing happy family," Caroline cut them off. "How about we find Fury and bring her to justice?" There was a twinkle in her eyes.

John Jr felt an odd tingling in his chest. He looked at his daddy. John Kennedy Sr wiped his eyes and glanced across the horizon.

Caroline pushed them away. Her eyes stared into the distance. She squinted and saw something leaping across burning buildings. It was Fury.

"There she is!" She shouted. Father looked wildly and saw Fury turning to look at them. A bared smile spread across the tratior's face. "After her!"

American soldiers chased after her. Fury ran faster but it was clear as they chased her she was tiring out. Fury's breath came out as gasps of pain and energy.

Fury spun around, her teeth bared into an inhuman snarl. The American soldiers surrounded her, quickly. Her eyes were full of bloodlust. She glared at them, hatred pooling in her eyes.

She was surrounded.

"Finish me off," she snapped. "I won't die at the hands of murders."

Caroline blinked puzzled. "Murders?"

Fury laughed. "Don't play dumb, Mrs. Schlossberg. The Americans are bloodthirsty killers. They kill to survive."

"You're wrong then," she said smoothly. "Who taught you that?" Fury's green eyes burned with fury.

"Who else would?" Fury screamed. "The Soviet Union. Don't pretend you don't know." Her eyes narrowed as she continued, "Oh and Mr. President." She spoke savegaly toward John Kennedy. "Oswald wanted to say hello." She pulled a knife from her pocket and threw it at him. She didn't even look if the knife struck her target. Since they were on the edge of a building, she raced and jumped off the ledge, killing herself in the process.

There was a blur movement. John Kennedy looked like he was about to accept his true death. No more fake lies but then something slammed into him, pushing him to the floor. He cried out as his back smashed into the floor. Blood sprayed his face as his savior pushed him down.

"Agent White!" Caroline cried out. John shifted and saw the bloody gash streaked on the secret service's neck. John Jr pulled the agent off him and helped his father up. There were tears in the former president's eyes.

"He saved my life," John Kennedy said to his son. "For the second time. When do I actually get to die?"

______________________

The next chapter might be the last one I dont know 🙊😭

________________________

#qotd-should this be a trilogy?