John F. Kennedy: The End of Camelot Ch.9

Chapter 9

Location: Parkland

Character: John

Day: November 22, 2013

Time: 5:29 am

John opened his eyes to the coppery smell of blood in his mouth. His bones ached. The former prince of Camelot panicked and tried to move but his arms were chained to the wall. Panic and fear started to gnaw into his chest.

Where am I? John screamed silently. Where am I?

Fury emerged from the shadows, a smile on her face. John Jr's eyes burned with fury and hate. "You!" He spluttered. "What do you want?"

Her blue eyes looked in mock innocent. "Me?" She held up her hands. "Nothing, just your body. You look pretty, cute, John-John."

"Where's my wife?" He asked coldly, his fear still crazing into him.

"She escaped," Fury sighed. Her blue eyes looked at the floor. "Too bad. Next time she comes up I'll kill her and burn her alive." A wicked smile spread across her young face.

John felt like screaming. If he weren't in this postion, he would already punched Fury but the chains held him down. He thought of how he was going to kill her. He didn't know how, just that he'd make her scream. The sadistic thought made him shiver. What monster am I turning into? He wondered silently.

Just hold in your anger, John thought silently. He didn't want to explode with anger at the sight. He wanted to show Fury he was calm and collecting. He wouldn't burst out into his father's temper which could be violent and then cool. He looked at Fury who had snatched up something from a desk. She held it up to his face and his eyes watered. It was a picture of Jackie. Jackie's elegant face stared back at him. She was wearing a golden suit with some pearls and nothing else. She was perfect. A stunning queen, John thought, trying not to cry.

"Let's see," Fury said, "who would you choose over death? Jack Kennedy? Or Jackie Kennedy?"

"You know who I choose," John rasped out feeling that his mouth was dry. "I choose both."

Fury's blue eyes looked coldly at him. "But your typical Daddy thinks you're dead. Sure he was in a coma and survived but being put in a coma has its disadvantages."

John shrugged weakly. "I still love both of them dearly."

She kicked a bucket out of the way, her eyes dark. "If you give yourself to me, I'll won't kill your living family. Remind yourself that they don't know who you are. They thought you died in a plane crash."

"I still will live in their hearts," John snapped. Fury opened her mouth, a twisted smile spread across her face, but then an officer ran in, sweat running down his face.

"My lady," he shouted. "The American army is here."

Fury looked pleased. "Excalty as I thought so. Get the army ready to meet them." She glanced at John. "Get a squad to guard the prisoners."

John felt a wave of rage and resisted the urge to strangle the woman in front of him. "You're going to regret this, Fury." He snarled the words out.

She rolled her eyes. "You can't scare me, Kennedy. You're a young weak man."

"I'm gonna kill you," he screamed. "I'm going to kill you! You touch my family and you're toast."

Fury laughed. "We'll see about that." She said calmly before fading into the shadows.

Location: Parkland

Character: Caroline

Day: November 22, 2013

Time: 5:49 am

My legs ached and my bones throbbed. I wasn't sure if it was from holding the gun or wearing the soldier mask on my face. Father was walking quielty beside me, eyeing my gun nervously. I'm not going to shoot, I think, I will not shoot.

The army marched slightly but not weakened or exhausted. I saw several spots over the horizon. The city of Dallas now smelled of smoke and fire. That wasn't a surprise. I saw a bare tree that was covered with ash.

"It's Fury." Tataina's voice was cold and full of hatred. She narrowed her eyes. "And I wonder how she thought we were coming."

"Dallas is a secure place," I told her. "Apart from what it was exactly 50 years later."

Tatiana flinched. Today was the day. Not only the day of the attack but the reminder of what had happened 50 years ago. A shooting had rung out in Dallas against the president. And the president had "died."

Fury had her army. She scanned over our army and then her head titled toward Father. A grin spread over her cold but innocent face.

"Why don't you surrender?" Her question was aimed at me. "No blood will be spilled if you give up."

"That's touching," I remarked. "But no. The United States won't allow such a threat."

The young woman put her finger to her lips. "What if I told you that someone you thought dead was still alive?"

I frowned. "If you're talking about my father-"

"No," Fury cut me off. "Forget your dad. There was/is someone else."

I barked a laugh. "Someone else?" I sneered. "No. That's not possible. The rest of my kin was killed. Accidents or diseases."

"What if I told you..." Fury smiled dangerously. "...that John Kennedy Jr was still alive...?"

____________________

#qotd-should I make a story about Fury? ✋💕