Love By Soup - Part 1: How it Began

Right after Xiaoxi spilled a bowl of soup, she became public enemy number one at the Tech University. This was how it happened.

Male students at the engineering and technology universities all enjoy playing soccer. Tech U's soccer team is ranked second in the city. Sometimes the Engineering U would surpass the Tech U, if they happened to have a genius forward that year.

But for the past two years, Tech U didn't give the Engineering U any chance to win. It's all because they had a genius center, Kan Yaonan. That's right, not a forward, but a center. Just like how a car cannot run without its engine, the team couldn't hope to win without Kan.

Kan's specialty was his banana shaped free kick, which sent the ball straight toward the blind spot of the goal.

People always say that if only he wasn't ..., he could be in the National Team already.

No, no, no, not that kind of level of the Chinese National Team.[1] Anyway, Yaonan's skills could rival Beckham!

But this year, Tech U lost, badly. They were shaved bald. All because Yaonan was a no-show; Yaonan couldn't play. Why? Because Yaonan got hurt!

He was injured by that damned Sui Xiaoxi! A bowl of piping hot veggie soup of hers spilled all over Yaonan's left hand!

Four days later, during the final match, the coach had no other choice but send someone else to replace him. And the result was as expected.

Wasn't it strange though, Yaonan only burned his left hand, his feet were without a scratch. Why couldn't he play?

As for this question, Sui Xiaoxi actually pondered over for quite some time. But, why?

Sui Xiaoxi is an easy going girl, though sometimes oblivious of her surroundings. She has no interest in sports whatsoever; and never went to any school sporting events. Her only interest is her burgeoning literary writing career.

Why is a female technology student interested in literature? She got confused and checked the wrong box while filling out her school selections.[2]

Well, never mind that. Let's find out what happened that fateful day. Xiaoxi and her good friend Mu Xue went to the cafeteria after class. They talked about the article Xiaoxi had posted online two months ago, which had just reached 200 hits.

Xiaoxi was excited as usual, "You know, the hit rate increased rapidly these last two days! Two days ago it only increased by 1 hit, yesterday 5 hits, and today 20 more hits! Maybe my article will be popular soon, hahahaha......"

She's always so optimistic, but Mu Xue's having difficulty navigating. Since this bowl of veggie soup was thick, simmering with white smoke, filled up to the rim of the bowl, Mu Xue was holding it extra carefully for fear of spilling it. At the same while, she tried to make sense what Xiaoxi was talking about. She was in a awkward posture, stretching her ears while holding her body back.

Xiaoxi was holding a bowl of hot veggie soup, too. Mu Xue walked slower, Xiaoxi unknowingly moved ahead of her, turning her head to talk to Mu Xue.

Everything went on innocently. Finally, Xiaoxi concluded, "My writing will be more than hot!"

After uttering those words, Xiaoxi turned her head around energetically, ready to go forward. Right at that instance, she bumped head on into --- Kan Yaonan.

Xiaoxi had been turning sideways to talk to Mu Xue while Kan Yaonan was laughingly chatting with his teammates. If they just brushed by each other, nothing would have happened. But it so happened that when Xiaoxi turned around, that bowl of hot veggie soup came right in front of Kan Yaonan. He couldn't stop himself in time.