twenty

ZHOU YANCHEN'S POV

The night Jeffrey hit me was a lie. He didn't start it. I did.

He just dropped off Shuzhen as their house and was about to go home when we bumped into each other.

"She's home?" I asked as he stood in front of me.

Jeffrey glared at me, "Why do you care? You broke up with her, remember?"

"You don't know the real story. Stop acting like you do."

"I've heard stories, but Shuzhen haven't said anything,"

"Then butt out," I turned around but before leaving, "And mind your own business."

I was about to walk away when Jeffrey said something that made me stop on my tracks.

"Are you done using Mingzhu?" He asked. "Or have you fallen for her already that's why you haven't broken up?"

"Shut up," I muttered.

Jeffrey hummed, "You're not the Yanchen I know. Where's the big shot playboy who dates girls for a few days and then goes back to her ex? Where is THAT Zhou Yanchen?"

"I'm still me."

"Look in the mirror, asshole. Or maybe you haven't done it with her yet, that's why? Still haven't tasted her lips then? Still haven't felt her -"

Before he could finish, my fist landed on his face, making him hit the ground, "Stop talking about Mingzhu like that! She's not an object!"

Jeffrey stood up touching his bloody lip, "You dick!"

He tackled me to the ground, punching my face again. I pushed him off of me.

I also felt my lip bleeding as I felt my blood boiling, "Come here, Dong You Lin."

.·:*¨¨*:·. .·:*¨¨*:·.

The day I met Xingjie and her at the mall wasn't a coincidence. Xiao Gui texted me that he and Huba was supposed to watch a movie, but Xingjie insisted the younger to flirt with his girl instead.

That's why Mingzhu ended up with Xingjie at the cafe. Xiao Gui didn't ditch him. It was the opposite.

I called Mingzhu a couple of times but she didn't pick up, so I decided to go over there and see for myself.

As I pulled her away from Xingjie that's when I realized I didn't want to lose her. Not to Ruibin. Not to Xingjie. Not to anyone else.

I just want her to stay by my side. I want to play with her again at arcades, at the amusement parks. I want her to hit me again as I do and say something stupid.

I figured this little act is not an act anymore. So, Qin Mingzhu, am I falling for you?

.·:*¨¨*:·. .·:*¨¨*:·.

I touched the hand that I used in punching Jeffrey as the fireworks lit up in the sky. I was with Mingzhu in the ferris wheel.

"Wow," Mingzhu whispered looking at the sky in awe.

"Mingzhu," I whispered. Her name rolling off my tongue like it's the most familiar thing in the world.

"What now?" She said, sounding annoyed. She looks so cute when she's in a bad mood.

"Come closer," I whispered again, pulling her hand.

"If this is one of your games -!"

"It's not," I inched a bit more, letting our noses touch as I rested my hand on her cheek.

"Y-Yanchen, w-what are yo-you doing?" She asked, feeling flustered.

I sighed, closing my eyes then opening them again to meet Mingzhu's. I finally did something I should've done a long time ago.

I kissed her.