nineteen

ZHOU YANCHEN'S POV

(this is a flashback chapter)

There's always two sides of a story. And this is my side.

This happened the night after the talent show. I was with Xingjie and Xiao Gui at my house.

"Okay, the truth, Yanchen," Xingjie says, pointing at me with a stick. "Have you fallen for Qin Mingzhu?"

Xiao Gui was quiet. He knew you could never say anything when Xingjie was asking for the truth.

I scoffed, "Have I fallen for the girls I flirted before? No, right? What makes you think she's so special,"

Xingjie shrugged, "I'm just saying. You usually give it two weeks to flirt with a girl, then give them to me. What's taking so long? You don't want to see Mingzhu getting heated with -"

I tackled Xingjie to the ground, shocking Xiao Gui which made him stood up, "Stop it guys!"

I pushed his back on the wall, holding his collar but instead of panicking, Xingjie was laughing.

"So, I was right." He showed a smug look. "You do like Mingzhu."

"Yanchen-ge, don't do this," Xiao Gui whispered beside me.

I looked at Xiao Gui then glared at Xingjie, "For the last time, Huba. I don't like Mingzhu."

Xingjie smirked, "Then prove it."

.·:*¨¨*:·. .·:*¨¨*:·.

We were outside during lunch. Xingjie told me to meet him there together with Xiao Gui.

"What is it this time?"

"See that girl over there?" Xingjie pointed at a girl with a pale complexion.

I furrowed my eyebrows as I follow the direction he was pointing at, "I dated her once."

"Then you don't mind, making out with her once again?" Xingjie whispered the last part.

I knew this was coming. Just to prove to Xingjie that I'm not inlove with Mingzhu, I have to kiss other girls? Fine. If that's what proves it.

"That's all?" I asked, still showing a brave front as Xingjie nods.

"Ge," Xiao Gui called out to me before leaving, "Why don't we go ice skating later?"

I nodded as I walked towards the girl who was already sending flirtish smiles to me. Great.

Just great, this is one of my ex who has a huge crush on Xingjie. I bet he told her to do this with me.

.·:*¨¨*:·. .·:*¨¨*:·.

I forgot to fixed my uniform as I walked towards the table where Mingzhu was sitting. She looks so beautiful when the daylight hits her face.

"Where have you been?" Yanyu asked as I sat down beside Mingzhu.

"Oh, I had to do something," I replied, fixing my tie. "So, what are we all talking about?"

Yanyu told me they were just complimenting us in the talent show. I turned around and found Mingzhu looking at the girl I just kissed earlier. She walked in the canteen, fixing her skirt.

Fuck, why did she follow me here?

I saw how disappointed her face was and brawled my hands into a fist. I tried to get her attention by asking her if she wants to go ice skating - which ended up as Yanyu, Ruibin and Lifen taking it as an invitation to hang out.