f o r t y s e v e n

Start from the beginning

"We should get going soon," he says lighting a cigarette and bringing the stick between his lips. Micah carries a lopsided grin looking at me. I shake my head starring away, I can't help but think of what we used to be to now, sitting on the hood of a car running from people who want to kill our child.

"Micah," I stare at him, "I'm- I have to tell you something."

"What?" He snaps.

My lip quivers, I can't stop the single tear that rolls down my cheek, "I'm pregnant."

My hands fumble with the knot on the coat I'm wearing, my hands are cold and clammy but I can't help it. I regret taking the coat off when his eyes drop to my stomach, I wonder what races in his mind. I touch my stomach, "it's okay.. to not care. I'll be fine.. we'll be fine."

Déjà vu it's all that comes to me right now. On the side of the road with this man again, with emotions I can't even comprehend. He steps in front of me, pulling his hand to my cheek. "You're fucking beautiful."

I hit his chest, pushing him away. "Don't even," I roll my eyes. Micah smirks stepping back to me.

"I can't admit the mother of my child is beautiful?" He asks, taking my hands. "I wish I could stare at you all day."

"Zara's the beautiful one," I whisper.

"Two fucking goddesses."

I shake my head, starring at him. "Last time we were in this situation there were a lot of tears and things said."

"I hate you."

"No, you don't."

"Stop saying that," I hit his chest, "I hate it, I hate you. I wish I never met you, god dammit-"

He catches my wrist, "stop it. Before you hurt yourself."

"Just take it, God dammit," I cry, "I hate you. I hate you. So much. So much it hurts."

"You don't need to say anything," he brings the cigarette to his lips, turning his head to the side. People who drive past must only think the worst of how they'd see us right now. "You had to say it- even if it killed me to hear you say that you hated me."

"I didn't hate you.. I hated that I loved you. After seeing you with that.."

More tears fall out my eyes.

I hate to love him.

His hands move over my stomach.

"I want a girl," he looks up at me.

I look at Zara through the window, "your wishes were granted. You told me you wanted a girl and you got her."

Micah looks down at me, pulling a strand of hair that rests in front of my face. "I did, didn't I? Even if I missed out on everything."

"Micah, I-.."

"Rose," he leans in, foreheads touching. Our hands intertwine and for once I don't want to move. "I love you."

"I love you, Rosalie."

♔♔♔

Zara sits on the seat, belt over her waist, shoving her face in a strawberry doughnut. Micah grins, looking down at her. "Slowly, Zara," I look out the window that's thousands of feet in the air.