20 / Era

20 / Era

Natalia / POV

"Thank you for that one minute."

The voice echoed in my mind as I open my eyes. It was just a dream. I dreamt of Alexander.. only that it felt real, I felt the pain. I squeezed my eyes shut and shook my head. "It was just a dream." I whispered to myself.

"Two more hours until we land." Napoleon informs me and I nod. "Okay."

I looked outside the window and watched the sun slowly peep it's way to the horizon.

Leaving without saying anything must have devastated Alexander.. it was wrong for me to leave without an explanation, but I need to do this. Otherwise, Alexander will convince me to stay.

My whole life, I've shed blood and sweat to survive and raise Cassie, I strived hard and made sacrifices just to provide food on the table and send her to school. All of the things I've done to get where I am today, discarded and demeaned by Melanie.. and it hurt me, because the reality is, no matter how hard I work, in  the eyes of the wealthy, I'm just another piece of gum under their shoe.

But that will change. I'm going to destroy you, Melanie. I will prove myself to all of you.

"I hope you can wait for me, Alexander. Please wait for me." I thought to myself, looking at the sunrise once more before closing my eyes and drifting to sleep.

Clark / POV

"In his practice room." Bosco informs me, beads of sweat already forming on his forehead.

I nodded and ran to Alexander's hobby room. As I ran through the hallway I could hear him screaming, the sounds of blade clashing together. "FIGHT ME! FIGHT BACK!" He screamed at the top of his lungs.

The moment I slid the Shoji open, his opponent yells at Alexander and charges at him.

"Alexander! Stop this!" I exclaimed, he didn't listen. The sound of the Katana clashing together fills the room.

"You left me. How dare you leave me!" Alexander screams, tears fell on his cheeks as he continued fighting.

Harper left nothing but heartbreak for Alexander. No explanation, no goodbyes, she just walked away and hopped straight to her plane.

I watch Alexander move his sword against his opponent. I watched in pity.. the devastation was obvious in his eyes. His tears continue to fall. I understood why Harper had to leave, but leaving Alexander clueless was selfish.

"Gavin! No!" Gavin ran to Alexander, I panicked and tried to run after him. I hadn't noticed him come in.

Alexander quickly whips his head to the direction of Gavin, "Stop!" He yells at his little brother. The moment Alexander turns his head to Gavin, his opponent's Katana wounds his face, bringing Alexander to his knees and his palms on the ground.

"Leave!" I yelled at his opponent who watched in fear. "I—I didn't mean—" He stutters but I cut him off, "Leave, now!" I tell him and he drops the Katana on the floor and runs out the room.

"Gavin, go get Bosco. Tell him we're going to the hospital." I tried to stay calm as I instructed Gavin, who was sobbing and wiping his tears. "Don't worry, your brother will be fine, just go get Bosco, please?" I held his small hands and he nodded, running out the room as well.

When it was only Alexander and I in the room, I grabbed a fresh towel, knelt down and put it over the bleeding area. With his palm, he put pressure on the wound. We were silent for a few moments, until he started letting out small sobs.