[ Deception ]

Desmoplastic small-round-cell tumor ... where do I begin to explain that?

The events that occurred after I passed out ... how do I take it all in?

Father ... why didn't he want to tell me? Does he know that I already 'left' the building? Is the power still out?

These thoughts consume me whole. They spurted from the confusion settling inside. It's dark and unpleasant. Unflattering. Cold. Piercing. Painful. Agonising. The warmth doesn't reside close to me anymore. My stomach twists and doesn't mind throwing up. Yet ... what does it want to throw up?

Air?

So far, with what I know after majoring in the field of Psychology, desmoplastic small-round-cell tumor is a rare and an aggressive type of cancer that can't be cured. It is said to be very rare, so rare that I didn't expect my Father to have it. The cancer mostly succumbs in the abdomen area. I don't know what stage Father is in. He could be on his last chapter from the last time I saw him.

If Father worked as an archeologist, I'd understand why he's so busy more better than cutting off contact as a researcher. These jobs are similar in its form of conducting research, but one can return home at regular times than the other. 

How did I know it? How am I aware of it?

Through the given images that SeokJin's sibling transmitted to me. Through the eyes of their own whilst I was left to a temporary death. 

Why did the company even let Father continue with his research? Are they not aware of his illness? Don't they realise what danger they're putting Father through? 

The tumor should've accumulated into something unbearable. They should've noticed there was something wrong with Father. They should at least check on his condition once a year. 

What the hell is wrong with that company?!

"MinYoung." 

Drawing in a shuddering breath, I manage to exhale it considerably before glancing at the person beside me. I have been too focused in frustration that I didn't realised how much strength my knuckles have formed. If I could, I would've punched the wall by now to release the anger inside. 

We were still inside this enclosed cave, unbeknownst to me compared to SeokJin. I suspect that he knows this place more than I do. It's a beautiful, natural area, considering how tranquil it is also.

The colour of his eyes are the first feature that catches my speculation. Anyone who manages to gawk at him wouldn't believe their eyes too. They'd think he's a foreigner or just someone who's always updated with the latest trends in fashion. 

I still can't believe that I've been forced to undergo death because of a danger that I'm unaware of. What danger was there lurking in the building in the first place? 

Succumbed by drowsiness, I don't make the effort to turn my body to face him. 

"Your body is still adjusting to life. Don't strain so much on yourself. I know you're confused, but you need the rest first." 

I scrutinize in return, fully aware of his remark. 

I close my eyes and face upwards. My body is heavily drenched by the water and it hasn't dried so far. I ponder once more, how far did my body travel from the building to the wasteland? How did I manage to pass out? How was I not aware of encountering with one of SeokJin's sibling inhibiting one of the employee's body? 

Is that it? 

Is he only able to possess bodies from close range? 

There are so many inquiries that I want to ask of SeokJin, but I can't think of a proper way to start. I want to feel resentment towards this whole fiasco. I want to unleash the hidden anger that's been bubbling inside. The anger that's been inside for who knows how long.