[ Change ]

"MinYoung? Didn't you get any sleep yesterday? You look kind of down today."

I pay attention to my surroundings after thinking about last evening's event. I hadn't really been sleeping well because the thought of his fast recovery perplexed me. I was both intrigued and kind of scared at the same time.

What if he really is a supernatural being? What if my negative thoughts have caught up to me and I've ended somewhat crazy? 

"What ... makes you say that?" I shift my glance to Sul Hee, trying my best to appear as brightly normal on a Monday morning. Taking a sip of the warm chocolate, she merely smiles.

The class that was cancelled had been replaced for tomorrow. Hei Ryung mentioned that our professor was attacked by something of a wild beast on the loose. He was on his way to college, driving all by himself. There weren't a lot of witnesses to see what had happened and fear wasn't enough to describe how I truly felt on the inside. 

Had the perilous beast attacked SeokJin too? Was that why he looked so tattered and anguished - but then again, how was he not covered in scars from the blood loss? How did he appear so well and stronger compared to when he had almost passed out?

Our professor was sent to the ICU and with that we have a substitute. Thank God he was saved minutes after the incident. I can't imagine driving past a reckless predator on the loose in the middle of town. 

Why weren't there any witnesses on that day?

"Girl, it's obvious from the way you're daydreaming. Just a second ago, Hei Ryung asked if we were prepared to graduate and you suddenly replied with 'potatoes'! Have you been binge-watching The Vampire Diaries without me?" She simpered and Hei Ryung faked a gasp as well.

I could only smile at their demeanor before putting the warm glass of chocolate back down. It had been a while since the three of us could hangout so early like this. Other times, we'd probably nudge each other awake if we planned sleepovers. We were almost at the finishing line and I don't think I'm ready to pass through.

"First, I wasn't watching the series and secondly, I don't even like vampires." I reason with a tired laugh before heaving a distraught sigh. Both of them feigned hurt and decided best to start the first ten minutes of meeting up by being dramatic all over again. I shake my head once more before Hei Ryung takes over the conversation.

I pick up the warm sandwich and began to devour the food as I listened. My sight and ears contradicted with each other. I listened to her rambles, which barely registered through me as I gawked at the exposed feature wall. It wasn't supposed to allure me when it's revealed like that. The bricked wall may stand out from the others, yet I still can't find the reason as to why it's interesting to just look at.

"Huh? What's that?" Sul Hee chimes in and I place the sandwich back on the plate. I studied her stiff posture and realised that other customers' had their heads faced towards the wide windows - even the agitated baristas too.

Hei Ryung was also intrigued as she stood up. I brought my sight towards the front and noticed a crowd forming in the front.

Loud shouts were noticeable from the quiet interior. It was difficult to distinguish and discern as to what commotion was happening. I hoped someone was stealing anything. It's not that common for robbery to happen. One customer heads out of the store, followed by a few others. Some fished for their phones out and Sul Hee heads outside.

I stay rooted in my seat. I wasn't that fond of large crowds. They were a nuisance at times.

A figure falls backward, but smoothly stands up again. My eyes widen after finally comprehending the figure and jolt up from my seat.