Chapter 1

Since my parents agreed to help pay for a trip to New York but, I obviously needed to save up some money for living in the big city for cabs and until I got a job. I've been saving up money for what feels like forever to have money in New York, I finally got enough to get there.

while I was still living at home in Texas I'd been looking for an apartment, I wasn't having any luck. I needed to find one soon because I planned on finding one and leaving when my two weeks notice for my job was over. Right when I was going to stop looking and force myself to sleep due to the fact that I'd been awake for three days straight. I was only getting two hours of sleep at the most, for weeks now. I was trying to find a nice  roommate my age and wanted reasonable rent. I found an ad for a girl my age looking for a roommate. I applied for it and emailed the girl my number so that she could contact me.

After that I decided to get off the computer for a while to get some sleep.

I woke up to my phone ringing I sat up and answered the phone, kind of upset because I knew I wouldn't be able to go back to sleep due to my sleeping schedule being weird."Hi,this is Allison is this Liz?" a girl with a high pitched voice said in one breath. I took a second to compute what she said since she said it all fairly faster than my just now awake brain could keep up with."Um.....yeah. you're the girl in New York looking for a roommate right?" I said still sounding a bit groggy in my voice.

"Yup that's me!" Allison said excitedly, making me wince.

After that we talked for a while about all the important stuff I needed to know and we ended up getting to know each other. She seemed nice. She even sent me pictures of the apartment and gave me the apartment address, I told her when I would be arriving to New York. She seemed more excited than me to be honest but, I didn't mind because I thought it would be fun to live in apartment with someone else my age and not living with my family anymore since I've been a graduate for a while.

I've been packing my things and making sure I packed exactly everything I would need and pretty much everything I owned.

A couple days later I woke up and realized today was the day. I'm leaving to New York and I not going to see any of my family or friends anymore unless of course we visit each other on holidays but, other than that I wouldn't see any of them. Those thoughts made me tear up a little but, then I mentally slapped myself what am I thinking I never get emotional like this I'm that girl that is edgy and doesn't get all mushy gushy or lovey dovey I'm that rocker chick that hangs with the guys. I needed to calm down and  suck it up because, it wasn't the end of the world and I was going to keep in touch with everyone.

Finally I wiped away a couple of tears that fell down upon my face.I Got up and got dressed in a pair of black distressed ripped jeans,a tribal fringe top,combat boots,and to top it off and and a leather jacket.

I had to say my goodbyes it was really hard for me not to break down and cry because everyone else was in tears.My dad drove me to the station then I got on the train on my way to New York.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

I Arrived in New York.

After what felt like an hour I finally flagged a taxi and rode to my new apartment to move in and meet my new roommate.On the way there I was wondering how my roommate would look like I just hoped she wasn't a ditsy blonde girl (No offense to blondes).Then I thought about Jack the guy I was going to attempt to get an apprenticeship from.He was kinda cute now that I think about it he was sort of tall and he had longer hair for a guy but it worked on him.

What I could tell from the tattoo magazines and seeing him in interviews online and on t.v. he always wore his hair perfectly wavy yet straight.He also always wore t-shirts,jeans,and biker boots.I always wore anything that could make me stand out.Which is probably why I love anything with studs made by Jeffrey Campbell if you've never seen his shoes you have missed out on life shoe wise of course.I also couldn't live without a leather jacket.

Back to thinking about him...he seemed perfect I wouldn't mind him being my boyfriend the only problem is I've never been in a real serious relationship due to the fact that relationships have always freaked me out since my only semi-serious relationship was cut short because my boyfriend got in a car crash and died.

I knew we didn't date for very long but I still liked him and he was my best-friend.Ever since that day I could never be in a relationship because I'm scared to get attached to someone and then one day have them leave me or loose them without being able to say goodbye.

I arrived at the apartment building and I went up to my new apartment before I knew it she opened the door right before I was going to knock and attacked me with a hug.

"Hey roomie, I'm Allison even though you know that already because I told you on the phone."She said while still hugging me.

I was surprised to see that Allison had black hair with silverish white highlights in some of her bangs she even had a couple sections of her hair coon-tailed the same silverish white color,you could tell she teased her hair a little.You could obviously tell she was an alternative kind of girl.Especially with the fact that she she had a lip piercing on the right side of her lip.

"Hey I'm Elizabeth, you can call me Liz even though I told you that already."I said playfully mocking her.We both started laughing after that we both brought my bags in to my room of the apartment.After I put all my things up and settled in I went and sat at the bar in front of the kitchen while Allison was looking around in the fridge."would you like some ice cream?"she asked.

"Hellz yeah!!"I said.We both laughed and went into the living room watching family guy and after we were done we started talking about random little things like the apartment and how busy New York always is.It was getting late so we both decided to get some sleep.I was so tired that the insomnia didn't even phase me I just laid in my bed and drifted into a deep sleep that I desperately needed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I was gonna go try to go get an apprenticeship today so I got dressed in a black cardigan with grey pockets,a black tank top,and some black jeffrey campbell spiked litas.

After I was ready I took a taxi to his shop,urban ink.I paid the taxi driver and got out about to walk into shop but then I stopped and thought I was so nervous I mean this is my dream to become a tattoo artist and if this guy,Jack,the best tattoo artist in New York doesnt train me to be a tattoo artist my dreams will be crushed because I want to be trained by the best so I can be the best female tattoo artist...after thinking about it all I finally found the guts to go in the shop and went in.

"Hello welcome to urban ink...Do you have an appointment?"The woman said with a big smile I could tell was fake but something I can say is that she had some kick ass tattoos.She had blonde curly hair she kinda looked like a pin-up girl.she seemed like a cool person to hang out with though.

"Hi,I dont have an appointment but Im here to see Jack Williams."I said flashing a fake ass smile right back at her.she got up and walked towards the tattoo stations were people were getting there tattoos and away from the waiting room yelling"HEY JACK YOU GOT ANOTHER GROUPIE!!!"I was pissed when she said that she back to her was coming back to her desk when she only glanced at me once because I gave her "WTF bitch" look.

Anyway a girl was coming towards us I guess about to leave she had a dumb smile on her face.When she walked out the shop Jack came out with a seductive smirk on his face with a one eyebrow raised.He took my hand and brought it to his lips and kissed my hand "Might I ask what you name is my dear?"he asked looking up at me with the same grin on his face.

___________________________________________________________________________________

Hi everyone please leave a comment on what you think of the story so far.You can even leave a comment on what you think is going to happen next because I would love to see feedback.Don't forget to add this to your book list and become a fan so you will be able to keep up with my work.

~T.O.