"If that was the case, after the drama the other night I wouldn't have just walked out of there with you Samara. Brianna was nearby, I would have called her and she would have taken you away. It would all be over now. Believe that." He stated so matter of factually, I nodded.

"I know. I'm sorry." How did I actually deserve him? "With your past, I have no right to-"

Aiden sighed, shuffling closer once more he tilted my chin up so I had to look at him only now our noses were nearly touching. Instead of kissing me as I had hoped he would, his forehead came down to rest on mine as he leaned forward. For a second I was confused as he reached behind me, until he sat up straight once more and my phone was now between us.

"Enough Sam. Don't think about it. I am going to put this over on the table, unless you're going to use it to make a call?" He waited.

I hesitated.

He raised an eyebrow questioningly before giving a tiny shrug and then went to stretch across to the nightstand. In seconds I had snatched it from his hand and holding my breath, I opened it up and hit call.

Don't think. Just do.

I breathed out slowly as it started to ring and nervously I looked over to the alarm clock I never bothered using as a stupid beep was never going to get me out of bed in the mornings. It kept ringing until suddenly it didn't and with no voicemail, the call disconnected.

"He didn't answer." I tell Aiden, knowing he already knew that.

"Maybe he'll call you back."

"Maybe." Once again I was left sitting and staring at my phone, and the second it lit up with David's name on the screen I dropped it. Aiden calmly picked it up and handed it over, and sliding my finger across the screen, I put it back to my ear. "Hello?"

Silence.

"Dad?" I coughed, the word feeling strange now for some reason. "David?"

"Yes Samara?" He finally spoke, sounding less than impressed than hearing from me.

"How, how are you?" I ask, nervously glancing at Aiden who simply took my free hand and kissed my knuckles.

"Why are you calling?"

A flicker of doubt bloomed in my stomach as well as being unable to stop myself from feeling annoyed that he wasn't happier or relieved to hear from me. I didn't think what happened would cause this coldness from him after everything else that had gone on. I wasn't in the wrong, he was.

"I wanted to talk to you." Thankfully my nerves leave me, and I sound more like myself.

"You did?" He sounds doubtful.

"I'm sorry how things ended."

"Me too. I didn't want to use you Samara, not like the others or do anything like what happened in the past." The charm was back. David spoke so smoothly, firm and steady, it was hard not to believe him. "I'm sorry that I came across that way."

"I've been in contact with Antonino. He wants me to get you to our family's mausoleum tomorrow night and promises to leave me and Aiden alone if I do it." I blurt out.

Instantly I can feel the sweat on my palms and I quickly stand up, pacing back at forth at the end of the bed as all I get in return is silence.

"Why didn't you tell me you didn't trap my brothers that night? You were really only at the house to scare my parents, weren't you?" I demand, remembering what the old vampire had said.

"Yes and no. I was aware something was happening so used it to my advantage." He admitted. Was that guilt I heard? "Where was he when this was happening?"