Chapter 44

44)

I wake up the next morning, I pick up my phone and my dad called me. I dial his number and I call him back.

"Hello?" I ask.

"Hey sweetie, I'm leaving now to come get you." my dad says.

"Okay." I say, he hangs up. I look over to Austin and he's sound asleep, I get out of bed and grab the dress I am wearing today. I go put it in the bathroom and then I go downstairs into the kitchen. I grab a bowl, cinnamon toast crunch, and a spoon. I pour the cereal into the bowl and then I put the milk in. I go sit down at the table while I eat my breakfast, after I finish eating I put my bowl into the sink. I go back upstairs and I go into the bathroom.

I take my pajamas off and I put my dress on, it fits me perfect. I brush my hair and then I take out my straightener and i turn it on. It heats up and then I begin to straighten my hair, I straighten all my hair then I put my straightener away. I walk out of the bathroom and I go back into Austin's room.

"Morning shawty." he says rubbing his eyes.

"Hey." I say, I put a pair of flats on.

"You okay?" he asks.

"I don't know, I guess this whole day is just going to make me sad." I say shrugging.

"Awe, I'm sorry." he says rubbing my back. I don't say anything, I pick up my phone and look at this time. Ugh, my dad won't be here for like another hour. Why does he have to live so far away? I'm starting to feel moody, Austin tries to cuddle with me but I push him away.

"Come on." Austin begs.

"Austin I'm not in the mood, you know it's a depressing day for me." I snap.

"Fine." he mumbles, he picks up his phone and I roll my eyes.

*1 hour later*

"Bye Austin." I say.

"Bye." he says not even looking at me. I walk outside and I get in my dads car.

"Hey dad." I say.

"Hey sweetie." he says, he drives awy. The whole ride was silent, this is an awkward ride.

When we get there I stay quiet and I stay with my dad the whole time. We sit down and I sit next to my dad, I'm starting to think of my mom. She was always a great mom, she was always there for me. But then she just started getting mad at me, she was mean to me. But even if she was still alive, mean or nice I would be happy with her. A tear starts coming down my the side of my cheek.

***

"Would anyone like to make a speech?" someone asks, I know I should but I'm too shy too. I decide to be brave and I go up and stand in front of the crowd.

"Uh hi, it's Jenn's daughter Nicole. Well, I'd like to say some stuff about my mom." I say. "My mom was super sweet, she was always there for me. She helped me through all my problems, she made me smile, and I love her. I miss her so much, she was a great mom. But one night she just got mad at me and just flipped out, it was horrible. My boyfriend Austin let her use his car, and that one night when I got the news I-I was so upset. I just miss her so much and I just wish she was here with me right now." I say, tears start pouring down my cheek. I run and I go outside, I'm way too emotional. I need to leave, my dad comes running towards me.

"D-Dad I need to leave. I can't be here." I say sobbing.

"Okay well hold on go sit in the car." he says, I nod and I go sit pin the car. I take my phone out and Austin hasn't asked me how I'm doing. Whatever. I guess my moody ness made him mad at me, the clouds become gray and the rain starts to pour down. The rain hits the roof and the window. My head starts to pound and I'm starting to inpatient.