Chapter 7

Chapter 7

I found Lilah standing by the window in the kitchen with a mug in her hand. Mac and Olivia were at work, and Quan was at school.

"Morning Rachel."

"Morning," I said, exhausted. I sat down at the table and rested my forehead on the wood.

"I'm sorry you're having such a hard time without your pack," she said.

"That's not it," I mumbled.

"So what's up?"

"Well, I was fine at first. The dreams were no big deal. They were confusing, but no big deal. Until recently."

"What exactly are you dreaming about?"

"Do you remember that night when we went hunting, and I told you and Quan that I felt something?" I propped my head in my hand to look at her. It felt so heavy.

"Yeah, I do," she replied. "What about it? Did you feel it again?"

"Only in my dreams. It's odd, like I'm in a trance or something. There's a house. A blue house. In my dream, I watch it from the trees. It's like I'm expecting something, expecting someone. I don't know, it's like I'm supposed to be there or something. The feeling grows stronger the closer I get to the house, and then the door opens, but the dream ends every time, right before I can see who it is."

"Maybe your subconscious mind is trying to tell you something."

"Maybe. But the weirdest thing happened last night."

"What?" Lilah asked.

"I wasn't alone."

"There was someone else in your dream?"

"Not in the way that you're thinking of."

"Explain."

"There was a presence ... in my mind," I said, looking down at my hands. I hoped that she didn't think that I was going crazy. Or maybe I was, but Lilah's voice was nonjudgmental.

"Do you know who it was?" I shook my head. When I looked up, her face was filled with worry.

"The presence, it lingered for a few seconds after I woke up, but then it disappeared."

"Rachel, someone may have attached themselves to you. Why, I don't know, unless it's someone that you know, which could mean that you just have a naturally strong connection to them."

"The presence sure didn't belong to a wolf," I said, "and outside of your family, I don't know any werewolves, or any humans at all."

"Well, maybe it's someone who wants to get to know you, but they can't quite push through, and that's why the dream ends right after the door opens."

Author's Note: This concludes the excerpt of Wolf Girl. Thank you for reading and I hope you enjoyed. If you would like to read the rest, it can purchased at either Amazon or you can visit my website at tiestewilliams.com. Also if you decide to purchase my book, please leave a review! Reviews help other people to discover my work! Thanks!