one - the two of us

Maybe I was too lonely that summer, I can barely recall whatever happened, except for that one song that stays stuck in my head after all these years. He'd sung it back then, with a worn out guitar and enough alcohol to keep us both going.

"It's just you and I, under the setting sun..." His voice was hazy, almost dreamlike, and hell, I swooned, hard, as I pulled myself closer to his side, resting my head on his shoulders. It left a ringing in my ear whenever the melody faded into the crisp, summer air, but I cherished it with all my heart.

"With the breeze in your hair..." He broke into a smile when the wind actually came along and picked at the hems of our clothes. I was in love, maybe even more than that.

It was perfect—no, he was perfect. We drank and sang until dawn came along, and swept us off our feet.

If there was a way to turn back time, and go back to the moments where we were truly happy; Jeon Jungkook, you know I'd sell my soul for it to come true.

There were happy times, but life is a double-edged sword. It brings you joy, yet, it can shoot you down whenever it wished. We weren't compatible, Jeon Jungkook—It was something I realised after nights of ceaseless crying. The only option left was to separate, but you weren't ready.

In fact, you were never ready, even now.

Even now... I...

I know you're somewhere, watching me, like some prey to be toyed with. 

——————

[AAAAAAh, I forgot to write the author's note here when I first published it!!

Thank you so much for reading this, I cannot thank you more...

The story will progress slowly, as I want to ease into the plot as much as possible without suddenly hitting you guys with twists and turns.

Please be patient with me, I'm sure it'll be worth the wait!

Thank you. 

Signing off,

Taekwooon.]