Chapter 17.0

"What?!" Kevin exclaimed

"What?!" Kevin exclaimed. "You're not going to help with Carrie the Musical?"

"Kev, you know I love putting on the school's productions with you. But with school and work, I need to slack off a little bit in this department."

Kevin sighed.

"But I didn't leave you empty-handed!" Andy smirked mischievously. "I've found a lovely new sidekick for your musical endeavors."

"Who?" Andy leaned over Kevin's shoulder and directed an arm towards the Serpents, pointing out one in particular.

Kevin squinted. "Fangs Fogarty?"

"He was more than happy to help out," Andy smiled, tilting her head at her friend. "I'll be here for a few of the rehearsals but otherwise he is my replacement. Have fun!"

--

"Welcome to Carrie the Musical

"Welcome to Carrie the Musical."

Fangs Fogarty awkwardly pulled a chair into their circle of cast members.

"Okay. Next, introductions," Kev ordered. Andy tuned out as everyone introduced themselves. She was there to help Kevin on the first day since she wasn't scheduled for work.

She could barely pay attention to Kevin as her mind was on her friends' drama. Betty and Jughead were hiding a dark secret. Veronica and Archie were conspiring with the Lodges. Cheryl was ignoring the fact that she spent a week in a conversion camp. Riverdale was taking a toll on its residents.

"I'm Cheryl Blossom, playing the iconic role of Carrie White."

Josie coughed, "Tone deaf."

"Whose playing your mom: Margaret White?" Ethel asked.

"I am," Alice Cooper strolled in, drawing all eyes.

"Mom?" Betty asked, surprised.

"Wait, seriously?" Ethel asked incredulously.

"Settle down. Yes, it's untraditional but to me, there's nothing more amateur than age-inappropriate casting," Kevin explained.

Alice pulled a chair up. "I'm really looking forward to getting to know who this woman is, you know, get under her skin. And of course spend some quality time with my daughter, Elizabeth."