Chapter 13.0

It turned out that Agent Adams was not actually Agent Adams

Hermoine Lodge, of all people in that family, hired him to trick Archie and threaten his family in order to determine his loyalty. 

How healthy.

Needless to say, Andy was pissed. Hermoine Lodge had completely lost the smudge of admiration that Andy had for her. 

Instead of focusing on such unpleasant thoughts, Andy decided to focus more on her friends. Love, Simon was premiering at the local cinema and Andy was incredibly excited since she'd already read the book it was based on. 

Unfortunately, Archie, Veronica, Betty, and Jughead decided to leave for the weekend to the Lodge's lake house. This made Andy's 'focus on your friends instead of the Lodges' plan a little more difficult. Switching her attention to more distant friends, Andy decided she would try to hang out with Cheryl. 

While Andy was buttoning up her shorts in the bathroom stall, she noticed through the stall that Cheryl had walked in. She was about to exit the room when she heard Cheryl take out her phone and dial a number on speaker. Andy awaited the voice to hear who she'd called. 

"Hello?" Jughead? Andy thought.

"How's the lake house? Are you all settled in and spooning yet?"

"Who is this?"

"It's Cheryl, you welfare baby."

"Something wrong?" Jug asked.

"Not yet. I just wanna make sure you know that Archie and Betty kissed in front of my house right before Christmas and that it seemed pretty serious, like, with tongue serious. That's all. Enjoy your couples only weekend. Kisses to all! Bye now."

Andy's jaw dropped. Archie and Betty kissed?! Why didn't he tell her? What if Betty got sick the other day because she was so stressed about keeping the secret? Archie has got to stop keeping so many dumbass secrets and doing so many dumbass things!

Toni Topaz then strolled into the bathroom. "Did you just tell Jughead that Archie and Betty kissed?"

"Yes, so what if I did?" By this point, Andy felt more awkward than she probably ever had. It was definitely too late for her to leave the stall now, but she felt terrible eavesdropping.

"Did you at least have a reason?" This was why Andy got along with Toni. They were both always the rational ones.

"Oh, that's right . . . you're new here. Hi! I'm Cheryl Blossom, AKA Cheryl Bombshell, which means, I need no reasons. I simply . . . am. Feel free to tremble." 

"I have a better idea. Why don't you tell me what's bothering you? Because clearly, you're in a lot of pain."

"Get your Sapphic, Serpent hands off my body!" Cheryl yelled, storming out of the bathroom. 

After Cheryl was gone, Andy awkwardly unlocked the stall and creaked the door open, making Toni jump. 

"Oh my god, Andy!" Toni jumped. "How long have you been there?"

"Long enough. Sorry, I eavesdropped on Cheryl's conversation with Jughead and then you walked in and I felt awkward walking out in the middle of your conversation. I was very uncomfortable with that entire experience."

Toni chuckled. "Whatever. This saves me from telling you about the encounter later. Let's go."

--

Andy had hoped that, with the core four gone, Riverdale might become a little less dramatic. After Cheryl's display, she realized that it was not going to happen. Things only got worse when Andy got a brief, but very intense, phone call from Kevin Keller that basically went like this:

"Oh my GOD, ANDY, I have SO MANY things to tell you! First of all: MY DAD IS FUCKING JOSIE'S MOM. Second: MOOSE LIED TO ME ABOUT MIDGE KNOWING ABOUT US. And FRICKING third: I CAN NOT. DATE. SOMEONE NAMED FANGS." 

After this lovely interaction, Andy decided it was time for some on-screen characters to experience some drama instead of those in her reality. Sweet Pea was meeting her at the movie theater. He was extra excited because the eviction notices on the park were gone and no one was forced out of their homes. Hiram Lodge bought Sunnyside Trailer Park and said everyone could stay. While Andy hated Hiram Lodge, she was glad Sweet Pea didn't have to give up his home.

Kevin left Andy to go talk to Josie at just the right moment. 

"Hey, Ariel," Sweet Pea joked, grinning as he threw his arm over Andy's shoulder. 

She smirked up at him. "Would that make you Prince Eric? You do have the hair for it now that I think about it."

He had walked in with Toni, who already left them and started making her way towards Cheryl. 

"What's going on over there? I thought Blossom hated us?" Sweet Pea asked, guarded. 

"Cheryl is both confused and confusing. She's got a shit-ton of personal issues to sort out right now and I think Toni is determined to help for some reason. She's directing her hatred in the wrong places but I think she knows that." Cheryl and Toni entered the theater together. "So I guess Toni's not sitting with us," Andy laughed. 

"Thank God." Sweet Pea slipped his hand into hers and pulled Andy into the theater. "My jacket is filled with candy but I only wanted to share it with you."

--

(This is kinda short but at least it a chapter :D. Thanks for voting and even just for reading and ugh your comments give me life!!! I never thought this book would get this popular and I'm blown away! Much love - A)