Chapter 5.0

A long time later, the raid was way past over and the cops left Southside High, so Toni offered to grab her bike and meet the guys at the station herself since it was talking so long

Andy would've liked to see Sweet Pea again, but she knew he was still upset that she broke up with Jughead for Betty, presumably because she didn't approve of him being a Serpent when the real reason was far more upsetting.

Toni assured her she'd talk her up to Sweet Pea and text her when they were out and Andy relented, driving her back to the school and dropping her off by her motorcycle. Andy was proud that she'd made a friend. Since she'd gone to school with the same people for ten years, it was getting difficult to meet more people. But now she has a cool new friend with pink hair and a love for photography.

It turned out that it took a very long time for Sweet Pea and the others to be released. Toni was busy waiting for Sweet Pea and Fangs to call so she didn't talk much to Jughead, and Andy was catching up on homework so she didn't see Archie much. This was a mistake.

Apparently the absence of sane people (Toni and Andy) resulted in Jughead, Archie, Veronica, and Betty all being involved in starting a street race against the Ghoulies. 

Lovely. 

As much as she was against the entire thing, Andy knew she had to go to the race. Maybe after Toni talked to him, Sweet Pea would like her more. She didn't want him to think she was a Southside-hater and hopefully her past actions have shown him that. Additionally, she had to be there for Jughead and Archie. 

--

Andy leaned against the car with Kevin, laughing and listening to him rave about how hot the guys at the race were. The boy was real thirsty and Andy wished she could set him up or something but the only guys who were into guys that Andy knew of were Kevin and Joaquin, and we all know how that turned out.

Andy had helped Betty fix up the car and she hoped they hadn't missed anything. As Archie and Jug went to enter the car, Betty went to speak to Jug and Andy went to talk to Archie. Strolling over to him, he pulled her in for a quick hug.

"Please don't do anything stupid, Arch. I mean, no more than you already have."

"Don't worry about it. I have a plan."

He pulled away and entered the car, leaving Andy and her scrunched eyebrows behind him. 

Strolling back to Kevin and the rest of her friends, she passed Toni, going to start the race. She smiled as she watched Cheryl and Toni's interaction. They could be cute together but Andy wasn't even sure if Cheryl was into girls. 

As the cars sped off, Andy adjusted her sunglasses on her head and glanced over at the Serpents again. Sweet Pea was looking angry as usual, leaning against his bike surrounded by Fangs and Toni. 

"You know, if you want to talk to him it might be easier if you walk over there," Kevin sassed, waving a hand in front of her face. 

Andy pushed his hand away and gave him a look. "I thought you weren't supportive of this friendship I'm trying to make."