Chapter 19

Nash's POV

As I looked through his messages,  I didn't see any from Stephanie.  Maybe he deleted them, but they should be there because he has admitted to texting her when I ask 'who ya texing?'. I spent a good amount of time looking for their texts and even her number, but still nothing. Was he lying about her the whole time?! Still finding nothing I heard the shower turn off and I began to panic. I didn't want to get caught, but I had to find out! During that little time of panic I accidentally clicked on a conversation between him and someone else. I didn't know who it was because he didn't have the person in his contacts list. As I read through their messages, I found out who it was... and also why he didn't have them in his contacts.  It was Emma. Hayes was the person ruining her life! But why?! I started freaking out so I closed out the messages and put his phone back right as I heard the bathroom door open. Then I ran to the park to tell them all who it was.

Hayes' POV

Yeah, yeah I know it's me I am the one. And honestly I feel bad now for doing it, but this plan is already in action so I can't just stop now. The thing is when I first saw Emma, I thought she was beautiful. She was more than beautiful, she was gorgeous. I fell in love with her and the more I was around her, the more I fell in love with her personality too. Being that I am younger though, I knew I couldn't get her to be mine. But I didn't think any of the guys liked her that way, so I thought I was fine, until Brent asked her out. My heart sank at that moment in time and the only way I could think of getting her to like me over Brent had to start with them breaking up. So within the first month of them dating I decided to talk to Autumn. I asked her to make a rumor about Emma cheating on Brent. And she agreed since they weren't really happy with eachother at the time. I thought for sure they would break up and not want a thing to do with each other, but it didn't work. Then when they got back together, I began making these texts to her to make their relationship get more and more stressful. I was thinking the stress would push them farther apart, but they just kept working together to figure out who it was. I never planned on hurting her or her friends, I mean they're my friends too! No matter what Nash says. I just said all those lies to make her listen to me. I didn't realize how bad things would get when I split them apart, but I guess I should've.  And now I'm sitting at home alone while everyone thinks I'm with 'my girlfriend'. Yeah that's right, I don't have one, I just have a crush. Who is probably going to hate me for the rest of my life if she ever finds out it's me.

So now that you know my side of the story, maybe that will change the way you see me. Maybe now I will be that one you hate, or the one you feel bad for, or the one that you don't even give a crap about. But whatever because you may have thought I wasn't that important to this story, but now you know I am.

The reason why I don't go to those little meetings are because I don't want to accidentally blow it for myself, or sit there and listen to all the bad stuff they have to say about me... even though I probably deserve all of that right now. During those meetings I usually plan out how the next texts will go. But I've been feeling really guilty from this lately. So I'm thinking of just confessing myself, they say honesty is the best policy and I haven't been too honest lately. So maybe I should start now? Either way Emma will find out and hate me, so maybe if I just tell her the truth she will hate me a little less..?

After my shower,  I walked downstairs remembering I left my phone down there. When I found my phone it was lite up like as if I were on it, or just got a text. But since neither of those happened I really dont know why it was lite up. Maybe it's just not working. I picked it up and began to text Emma, as far as I know, she's not with everybody at the park.

me:hey

her: so what do I have to do tomorrow?

me: get your boyfriend back... I'm sorry, I didn't realize what I was doing to your life until I did it....

her: REALLY! I CAN DATE BRENT AGAIN!?

me: yeah, you guys belong together. :)

her: thanks, so umm who is this anyways?

me: do I have to say? I don't want to ruin anything between us...

her: so you're a friend? just tell me, I won't tell the guys... I'm just curious

I didn't want to tell her, but I had to be truthful, so I typed to her 'hayes...' And at that moment, I've never felt so bad in my life, until now. I waited a few minutes and i got a reply.

her: oh :/ can i ask why you went through all this trouble to break us up?

me: yeah I had a feeling you would want to know. I never wanted to hurt anyone... I just said that to scare you... I guess you could say I was jealous of you and Brent, and I kind of liked you. I don't blame you though if you don't want to be friends anymore or even talk to me ever again... what I did was wrong. :( her: ohhhh I see, well I am a little disappointed that it was you... but I wouldn't stop being your friend. I mean come on how could you not fall for me? I am a sexy beast! ;) jk but you were honest in the end and I believe you that you're sorry... as long as you promise never to do this again to me or anyone else, then I guess we can still be friends. :)

I have to admitt, I wasn't expecting that! After all I've done to her and she still wants to be my friend!? I'm not complaining here,  but that takes a lot from a person to commit to friendship after something like that, so I am not going to say no.

me: of course.... but you still won't tell anyone right? They would hate me for life! Especially Brent!

her: haha, I don't think they would hate you for life, but don't worry, I won't tell. And that's a promise.

me:thanks!!!!!! you're awesome.

her: anytime