Chapter 16

Emma's POV

Now that Nash was gone, it was easier to talk about the reason why we were all here. Don't get me wrong I like Nash, but he was kind of being a distraction more than a help today...

"So what kind of messages were you getting?" Sarah asked me.

"Mostly some that would say stuff like I was being watched and I would be getting harmed, but come to think of it, it's been a while since I got any texts from them..." I fill her in.

"Oh." she says and then we were all left with a silence. Not an awkward silence, but more of a relaxing one. We all kept thinking and the more I thought, the more I began to realize the onlu possible person it could be is... Autumn. They could be right, who knows. Maybe Autumn changed her number and began doing this to me... Just as that hit me, Melissa and Nash came running back towards us.

"You'll never guess what happened!" Nash completely yelled to us.

"What?" Brent asked him.

"Well, Melissa has been getting these threatening texts too and she thought it was"- Nash began but Melissa cut him off.- "I thought it was Autumn too!" Melissa blurted out. And there it was, just another person to agree with Autumn being the one threatening through text messaging. (haha! I made a rhyme guysss!)

"I kind of agree... Autumn does seem to be the only one who would be upset with me for a valid reason. " I tell them and then we are all convinced its Autumn. 

"What?! That's not what happened!" Nash started. "Mel thought this old man was the one texting you guys and she walked straight up to the stranger and started screaming at him!" "it was the funniest thing ever!" I believed Nash and I could tell all our other friends did too, becuase we were all laughing by this point. Even Melissa was laughing,  so I didn't feel as bad laughing at her. After listening to the rest of Nash's story we all decided to go home. 

When Melissa and I walked in the door, delicious smells filled the house and it was like heaven for me. Melissa must have liked it too, becuase right as we smelt it, we both turned to each other and yelled "TACOS!" Yes that was the delicious smell, tacos. 

"You guys got back at the perfect timing! Dinner is ready! " my mom shouted to us from the kitchen.

"Yumm! Thanks mom!"  I said and then lead Mel into the dining room. We took a seat and began to eat the food in front of us. We chatted with my mom and I caught up with her. I told her about the mysterious texts and how I believe it's Autumn. But she told me that it was possible, but not likely. She thinks it's someone I know, but I'm not quite great friends with yet. So they could be jealous and send me hate. I guess my mom's idea could be right too, but it is still to early to know which one.

After dinner I said goodnight to my mom and Melissa and then began to get ready for bed. As I was crawling into bed, I set my phone on charge, but of course, I couldn't get this many days without getting another unknown text. This one said:

Emma, today I caught a glimpse of your little friend Melissa... Knowing she means a lot to you and is close to your heart, she will be the first thing to go... I have decided to make you suffer by watching your friends disappear before it's time for your own pain. But if you want this all to end, you will follow my instructions each day. If you don't, someone will be getting hurt. The instructions for tomorrow are for you to break up with Brent, you cannot tell him a thing about this text. And trust me, I have my ways to find out these things... well sweet dreams! ;)