Chapter 6

I opened my eyes on the first day of summer vacation.

"HEY THERE!" Rydel screamed in my face.

"ARGHHH!" I screamed. I wiped my eyes a few times. "...The heck?"

Rydel shook me. "We're going to a par-tay today!" she said, flipping through my clothes. "A beach party actually!"

I shook my head. "Party? I ain't going to no stinking party. Besides I wasn't invited anyway. I'm just going to stay home, and start my summer studies."

Rydel scoffed. "Summer studies blah blah blah whateves. You're going."

I thought about it. "But it's a beach party! I'm super insecure. I only have one-piece swimsuits!"

Rydel stared at me. "Come on sista! You've got a pretty fine bust! We'll go shopping."

I winced and pulled my blanket over myself when I heard 'bust'. "No."

"YES."

"NO!"

"YES!!!"

I sighed. "Fine."

"Great!" Rydel pulled me into her car. "Let's go!"

We pulled into Forever 21. I picked out a frilly purple string bikini while Rydel picked out a thong bikini.

"What's the point of wearing a thong bikini? It's just like going without clothes anyways i-i-it's so little!"

Rydel shrugged. "Hey. It gets the job done!“

That night I threw on a teal sundress and met Rydel in her car. When I got in, an arm was slipped around my shoulder.

"Hey babe," I heard Ross say. The whole Lynch family were going.

I sighed. "Rydel! You didn't tell me they were going!" Rydel shrugged. "They didn't tell me either."

I was right in the middle of Rocky and Ross. Ross puckered his lips to kiss me but I squeezed them into a line. "Not gonna happen blondie."

Ross squeezed my bare thigh. "You'll come around. They always do," he said, flashing me a cocky grin.

I gagged. "Rydel? Do me a favor and please please please step on it!"

As soon as Rydel parked I ran out. "See ya! Have fun!"

I ran along the beach, looking for a quiet spot to sit. I found a little half-underwater cavern made up of rocks. I sat on a mossy rock and started to play with the water.

"Hey," I heard a voice from the entrance. It was Ross. "Can I come in?"

I snickered. "So I have a choice?"

Ross started swimming toward my rock. "Not really."

Ross sat down on the mossy rock. For minutes we just sat there in silence. Ross turned to me. "You know, you have pretty eyes."

I blushed. "You're just saying that to get into my pants."

Ross grinned. "Maybe." He mushed his lip against mine. At first I wanted to push him away, but he was such a good kisser. His hands moved all over my back as he sucked on my lower lip.

"No," I said, pushing him away. "I have to go. See you at home." And with that I swam out of the cavern. I couldn't stop thinking about that kiss.