sixteen

"I need your help," I quickly dragged him away from his room during lunch. I told Yanyu and the others that I have something important to do.

"That depends on what it is," He told me, holding his lollipop.

"Look, I'm willing to forgive you for that awful video you took if you do this one simple thing,"

Zimo twitched his mouth, "How many times do I need to apologize? His fangirls were swarming all over the place!"

"You could've just looked for a better spot to film Ruibin!" I argued. "And now I don't have any copy of him performing."

"You can just ask Yanyu or Zhangjing," He suggested. "Now, what do you want?"

I sighed, trying to remember what I came here for, "You know a lot of people, right?"

"That depends on what kind."

"Girls." I bluntly answered.

He rested his chin on his palm, "I'm listening."

"I want you to gather some information about Yanchen," I revealed. "He's hiding something."

"Why don't you ask him yourself then? Isn't he your boyfriend?" Zimo said, winking at me.

"Please? It's just - Bangbang warned me about him and I heard Xiao Gui saying something to him the other night. I just want to know, okay?"

Zimo scoffed and whispered something, "First Ruibin, now Yanchen. Great."

"Stop muttering," I pointed out. "Please, for me?"

I looked at him with pleading eyes. I knew he wouldn't say no to me.

Zimo sighed, "Fine. I'll see what I can get."

.·:*¨¨*:·. .·:*¨¨*:·.

"Why are you here again?" I asked as I walked down the stairs. Dong Yanlei was lying on our couch watching some cartoons.

"Your brother invited me over," Yanlei replied.

"I did not!" I could hear Fen-gege exclaiming from the kitchen. "He just showed up on our front door!"

I rolled my eyes at them and grabbed my coat, "I'm going out."

"Be back by 10," My brother reminded me of my curfew.

I walked out of the house and found Yanchen standing with his car behind him, "Wow, you look good."

"Stop flattering me," I said, as he opened the door.

We were now on our way to Yanchen's grandmother's birthday party. The reason why he invited me was because he told me that his cousins were teasing him for not having a girlfriend.

We stood in front of his house. And I don't mean your regular house. It was a mansion.

"No way," I whispered, still in awe. "This is your house?"

"Hard to believe, huh?" He intertwined our fingers together and I felt my heart beat again. "Now come on, let's meet my family my dear girlfriend."

.·:*¨¨*:·. .·:*¨¨*:·.

"Jeffrey's here?" I leaned in to Yanchen.

He nodded in response, "Our families are kind of close."

"And yet he punched you in the face," I muttered but then I also realized something. "Wait, if he's here, then that means -"

"Hi," A girl with braids suddenly walked up to us. "You're Qin Mingzhu, right?"

I looked at Yanchen who avoided her gaze. I knew perfectly well who this person was. I smiled and faced her, "And you're Li Shuzhen."

Shuzhen smiled at me, "Yanchen must've mentioned me then."

Yanchen coughed from behind me, "Shuzhen, fancy meeting you here."

The girl nodded, eyeing Yanchen, "Your family invited me."

"That's so nice of them," I replied, trying to avoid any emotion since Yanchen has his gaze on her.

Shuzhen chuckled then looked behind us, "Well, I better go. Jeffrey might be looking for me."

She bid her goodbyes and I nudged Yanchen, "When are you planning to take her back? I thought this would be a one time thing. Yet we've been fake dating for almost two months already."

The boy in question snapped his head in my direction. He was again, looking straight at me, "Tell me, how do you know if you truly like a person? Because I think I just fell for someone."