8. Natcho girl

"What! You've never been to the theatre?" Jamie exclaims as he holds his chest in shock as Alexa shrugs.

"There was no reason for me to go to the theatre when I have one at home. Bedsides, no one has ever asked me to hang out with them," she explains, though I know the theatre would just be half the size of her bedroom, considering how rich she is.

"How would you like me to take you?" he asks, glancing at me before offering to take her out. "How does Tomorrow sound? At 12?"

Alexa claps her hands, "I would love that. You guys are the best!"

Jamie furrows his brows. "I didn't invite him," he mumbles and I pinch his arm making him jump in shock.

"This is abuse."

I laugh as he hurls a string of curses at me.

***
"She's pretty," he whispers to me as we find her waiting her the ticket booth for us, listening to some music as she sits in a chair.

I stare at her in a simple pink sundress with her hair in a pony held together by a pink bow. She doesn't have any makeup on, and frankly she doesn't need any.

"She is very attractive," I say, noting a couple of guys staring at her as they pass by.

She looks up and spots us, "Hi. I figured what movie I wanted to watch."

"Really? Which one?" Jamie asks, though looking more interested in her chest, making me smack his head for doing that.

"A quiet place?" Jamie wheezes as she points to the display board. She nods while my poor friend turns as white as a sheet. The poor fellow hates horror movies, especially anything that is red with eyes and talks with a big squeaky voice. Yes, he's petrified of Elmo. He is just a big whining baby.

His forehead drips of sweat as his eyes contact mine

His forehead drips of sweat as his eyes contact mine. Not wanting to carry him while he faints I offer to give her company so he can go home.

"To have some alone time with her eh? Absolutely not!" he says and marches to the counter to get three tickets.

"I was just trying to help," I explain as I follow him with my hands in my pockets. "Don't come crying to me later."

He ignores me and turns to Alexa, "Let's have some fun, shall we?" His voice cracks a little as he flashes a crooked smile and I shake me head, just counting the minutes till he faints from fright.

"I have no stomach for this," Pompous L mutters as he twirls his moustache haughtily. "I shall go pay my beautiful Goddess Aphrodite a visit," he declares as he disappears with a poof.

Good riddance I would say.

As we settle in our seats with a tub of buttered popcorn in my hand, I smile as I pop one into my mouth. As it melts into my mouth I sigh in happiness. Popcorn is the only reason I love the movies, it isn't the same as the stuff we make at home. Kettle made ones have a certain authentic taste to them.