3. Lady Luck has a mustache?

"What-the-hell..." I splutter as I cough out a mouthful of fountain water. Who knows what must have peed or pooped in here.

"Nope, I'm not. Hades is too busy dealing with the dead to even bother coming here," I hear the deep baritone voice say.

I look up and blink twice. Are my eyes deceiving me? I do admit that I'm due for an eye check-up. I rub my eyes vigorously. I must be dreaming because in front of me stands a tiny golden man in a sparkly white toga. He hovers over me, flapping his golden wings and twirls his thick blonde mustache.

"Surprised?" he chuckles deeply as he studies my stupefied face. 

Oh, trust me, I am floored.

"Who are you? You aren't real, are you? Must be from my lack of sleep. I should stop playing GTA," I laugh and the man's smile visibly drops. He looks offended as he crosses his chubby arms in a huff.

"I am as real as that stinky water that drips from your abnormally white hair," he shoots back and I scrunch my eyebrows in confusion. He lets out a tired sigh, "you really don't know? I'm known as the keeper of good fortune and bearer of good will, known popularly as Luck. Pleasure to be of acquaintance, call me L for short. "

I stare at him in shock, "You mean you are Lady Luck? When did Lady Luck get a mustache?" Luck looks at me and scowls.

"How sexist. To think I actually offered to help a hopeless case like yours. Lord Zeus help me," He mutters under his breath as he looks at the sky. 

My eyes widen in recognition. "Zeus exists? I thought he was a myth. Can I meet him?" I look at him with excitement, imagining how awesome it would be to meet the God of  Thunder.

"Be happy that an important God decided to appear in front of you," Luck says as his eyes narrow to thin slits, obviously turning green with jealousy.

"Which God?" I ask in confusion as I get up from the fountain with difficulty and squeeze my drenched T-shirt dry.

"Me, you fool!" He screams and turns his back to me, "maybe I shouldn't help you. It is my duty to help the lives of the less fortunate, but it seems to me that you don't believe me." He sulks as he sits on the edge of the rink of the fountain in childishness.

"Dev!" my friend yells as he runs to me with the last bit of ice cream cone in his hand and his phone in his other. "I need to go home now, dad says I need to attend a-"

He stops and peers at me still sitting lamely in the fountain, "Why are you playing there? And why are you wet?" he curiously asks, ignoring the miniature God hovering over his head.

"Wait, you can't see him?" I ask as I point to the chubby man who seems very busy combing his mustache with a sparkly golden comb. Talk about self obsessed.

Jamie looks at me confused, "See who?" He puts a hand over his eyes, mocking binoculars, "is Ronaldo here?" he jokes and I groan. So I am the only unfortunate person who can see him.

"Yes, you are the only fortunate person who can see me," he hums as he sits on my shoulder, folding his tiny gold wings behind his back.

"This is going to be creepy."

"I assure you, it won't. I will leave as soon as I help you find your lucky charm. You think I want to be here? I was summoned to help you find some luck, you think I have no better job to do?" he haughtily asks as he examines his nails lazily. "I would have been on a date with Aphrodite or been playing some poker at the Olympus motel if it weren't for your cry for help," he continues.

Oh boy.

And he doesn't stop talking till we reach home.

"Let me get this straight, you can identify a person's good luck charm?" I try to not sound very shocked about it, but I'm not doing a very good job at it.