Singing in the Shower

A/N I found this writing prompt on pinterest that I really love, so I'm gonna try and write it. (See above)

6am

"I got a girl crush, hate to admit it but!" Kara sings as she massages the shampoo through her hair. "I got a heart rush, Ain't slowing down.."

All while Kara is belting her favourite song, on the other side of the thin wall is Lena Luthor taking her clothes off and folding them up as she turns the shower knob to hot, in the hopes of the heat soothing her sore body from her late night at work.

When Lena steps into the shower and slide the curtain closed, she hears a beautiful voice sing, "I want to taste her lips, ya cause they taste like you!"

Unknowingly in the daze of tiredness she starts to hum to the lyrics of this song she knows too well.

Lena starts to mumble the lyrics, "I want her long blonde hair, I want her magic touch." As she progressively gets louder, Kara starts to hear this mysterious stranger sing with her.

When Lena realizes what she has done she quickly stops singing, gasps, and covers her mouth.

After a moment of silence from both women and the trickling of the water from the shower heads, Kara yells, "CONTINUE THE SONG!"

And both of the women start to sing, "Yeah cause maybe then, you'd want me just as much! I got a girl crush!" As they shower they harmonize with each other. Lena taking the lower Alto lines and Kara singing the high Saprano.

When the song ends, Kara is done showering and flicks the shower knob to off and steps out. Lena hears the curtain rod move and she hurries to finish her shower.

Kara was already dressed and gone for work when Lena stuck her head out in the hall in the hopes of seeing her duet partner.

When Lena realized Kara was long gone she thought to herself, 'hopefully we sing again' As she closed and locked the deadbolt on her front door and headed off to bed.

*At Catco *

'Wow. She was a good singer. I wonder who she is?' Kara was thinking to herself as Cat Grant, founder of Catco called Kara for the third time.

"Crap!" Kara whispers to herself as she finally realizes Cat is calling her.

Kara quickly shuffles into Cat's office, "Yes Ms. Grant? What do you need?"

"Kiera, why does it take me 3 times to call you into my office? No don't answer that," She says as I open my mouth quickly cutting me off. "I don't care the reason. Next time it takes that long, you will be in big trouble! Now, way on earth are you so distant today?"

"Pff! I-I'm not distant! Just busy working! I have no idea why I seem distant, because I'm really not! If I was distant then I'd be super far away!" Kara rambled on.

"Whatever Kiera, don't say then. Maybe you should like, join a gym or write a book. I don't care, just focus."

As Kara left her office she could not stop thinking about her mystery duet and what the women looked like. Was she tall? Short?.. What colour is her hair? Eyes? But one thing was for certain, she was going to shower at 6am the next day in hopes of singing with Her.

Lena spent the rest of the day going through emails, running through projects and answering calls. But she also spend lots of time thinking about Her, and how she looked. And she too came to the same conclusion of showering at 6am the next morning too.

*the next morning*

When both women woke up they had a spring to there step and quickly got ready for a shower. Lena and Kara both hopped into the shower around the same time, both in complete silence. Both unknowing if the other was on the other side of the wall.