7

***JESSICA'S POV***

"Which would you like to hear first?" The nurse was standing awkwardly at the foot of the hospital bed, his eyes darting between me and Erin.

"Good, bad, great. In that order." I desperately wanted him to tell me I could go home. I haven't been here long but I hated hospitals with a passion. Even with Erin here I didn't like it.

"Good news is, you've been recovering like we've never seen before, so you're free to go whenever you're ready, your side is wrapped but don't go nuts because you can still rip your stitches.", I smiled at Erin, full of excitement and grabbed her hand.

"Bad news is, you unfortunately don't have insurance for this and your mother's insurance doesn't cover the cost, which is a little over 6 grand." My smile was wiped away quickly and my heart sank. I could never pay that off, even with my job at the library.

"Great news is, you don't have to worry about it because it was paid off in full with the help of two men named, Cory and Mark. I don't know if you know about this but they said it was a gift for everything you've done, and they're out in the lobby waiting when you come out. Have a nice day" My jaw dropped and I almost passed out.

"I think I'm going to vomit. Erin did you know about this??" I turned to her and her face was pale, she was just as shocked as I was.

"No I swear. Isn't Cory your mom's boyfriend?", Erin was extremely confused, you could see it in her eyes.

"Yeah, that kind of makes sense but MARK?" I ran my hands through my hair and closed my eyes. Did he know about us?

"I don't know Jess, this makes no sense. He wasn't even supposed to be home for a few days at the least. I don't even know how he knows I'm here", Erin started hyperventilating and I grabbed her shoulders, and pulled her into a hug.

"It's okay, just get ready, and we'll figure this out. He obviously isn't mad or he wouldn't have helped", last thing we needed right now was for one of us to freak out.

"Okay, you're right, but I can't go out in this," she motioned to her shirt and unusually short pajama shorts. Her butt was a little visible in them and I kind of wanted to squeeze her ass.

But now's not the time.

"What happened to what you had when you got here?" I remembered her vaguely having another shirt with light blue skinny jeans.

"They're soaked in your blood Jess, I'm not putting those back on ever again," her words gave me goosebumps.

She was really going through it these last few hours.

"Okay well you can wrap my sweater around your waist, cause that's about all I have", I shrugged and handed her my sweater that I wore all the time when I was walking to school.

"Thanks , this should do fine", she wrapped it around her waist and tied it. Her legs were still showing but at least her butt was covered which is what I was worried about.

"Okay here's your stuff, I'll start getting everything ready to go, do you want to come to my place and eat or do you want to go home," I wanted to go home with Erin but if Mark was home, I knew we couldn't.

"What about Mark?" I saw her features fall at my question but she knew I had a point.

"Yeah you're right...again. Just get dressed and either Mark or Cory can take you home. Doesn't matter just call me when you get there", the protectiveness in her voice made me blush and I tried to hide it but failed.

~

My clothes were on and everything was ready to go. I allowed Erin to feed me some of the food we had left over while she was eating it when I was dressing myself.