CH 15: The First Year

Start from the beginning

No. Okay I'm freaking out. "Joseph," she panicked, looking behind the love seat. Toni was greeted with his big semi-toothless smile and wide eyes.

"You scared me JoJo-Bear!" Toni said with a big smile on her face, picking him up.

Ever since he started crawling a week ago he's been a little monster but she's never seen him laugh so much until then.

He let out a loud shriek of laughter as she rubbed her nose against his and kissed it. She set him on the blanket and grabbed the laptop from the couch. Toni set it in front of her and logged onto skype to see if Luna was logged. Thankfully she was and Toni did a little happy dance before calling her.

"Toni!" Luna whisper-yelled.

"Hey Luna, why are you whispering?"

She groaned, "The baby is sleeping...finally."

Toni gasped, "You had him, let me see!"

"Shh!" Luna snapped. She left the camera for a few seconds before coming back with the baby in her arms.

"This is Leo," she smiled.

"He's precious!"

"Yeah, he came a little early but he's healthy and adorable."

"He is."

"Where's Joseph? Tell him Auntie Luna wants to see her baby," she cooed into the camera. Just then Joseph crawled in front of Toni and put his face directly in the camera with his little toy basketball. He began gurgling more once Toni set him back in her lap.

"So he's crawling?" Luna asked. "Yeah." "Teething?" "Bit my nipple once." "Ouch. Babbling?" "No," Toni huffed. "All he does is gurgle and screech." "Oh, well it'll start soon. Jeremy's mom told me they start from like six to ten months." "You made that up." "Yep," she laughed.

Joseph threw his ball at the computer. "Why would you do that?" Toni said, rolling her eyes. Joseph clapped his little hands and yelled, "Baw!"

Toni's eyes widened at Joseph, who was out of her lap and crawling to his ball. "Say it again baby," she encouraged. He wouldn't, just slobbered all over the toy.

"Say ball."

"Baw!" he giggled. Toni gasped with a hand over her heart. "You hear that Luna!"

Luna laughed softly and nodded her head, "He's a smart boy."

 "Aw! I'm glad you heard it too! I wish I could've recorded it."

"You sound like my dad," Luna rolled her eyes.

Toni smiled cheesily at the screen then leaned forward to pick up Joseph and set him back down on her lap. "Are you still gonna be able to make it out here?"

"Yep, but only me and Leo. Jeremy has some workouts."

"It's July."

"Tell me about it. Their coach is insane with all this shit." 

"Watch those words around the baby" Toni scolded. 

"My bad, mom."

***

"He's so cute," Toni awed, staring down at Leo in her arms. He turned his head away from the bottles nipple and made a little sound of content.

"I know," Luna smugly said. 

Toni rolled her eyes and set him on the baby blanket next to Joseph. He flailed his arms and legs while laying on his tummy. Joseph crawled near him and put his mouth on Leo's head, slobbering into his hair.