/ / 7. THE 1975 / /

Start from the beginning

She slumped back in her seat, alone.

--------------------------

Ellie grabbed her coat and wrapped it around herself, sliding her arms through slowly as she waited for Alex, "I'm gonna go outside, okay?" She said.

She needed air, she couldn't breath in the room which suffocated her with the noise of people who weren't completely miserable and seemed to be having a good time, and speaking of time it was eleven almost twelve.

Alex nodded.

"Don't make me miss curfew." She reminded him, which was one o'clock in her case. Whether it was in his presence or not.

She pushed the door open and leaned her back against the cold brick wall. She looked around, watching people in the darkness, exhaling their smoke into the night with echos of laughter filling what would usually be silence.

The door flew open, Ellie turned to see Alex, with Alyssa and Matty close behind.

"Hey uh, Matty's gonna take you home, alright? I'm going to Alyssa's."

"What? Why?"

Alex looked at her, "not really your business."

Ellie sighed, she couldn't believe he was leaving her with Matty to go fuck Alyssa and take a few lines to the nose. Everyone knew Alyssa had graduated to the higher scales of highs, and with her company Ellie didn't put it past Alex to follow her lead.

She rolled her eyes, "guess she doesn't have a new boyfriend." She mumbled.

Matty headed to the parking lot with his guitar case, "I'm parked over here."

Ellie ignored him, following with her arms crossed.

He looked back at her, unsure of what was so far up her ass to make her act like such a bitch. He unlocked the doors, opening the back doors and placing his guitar case across the floor of the van. He then got into the driver's side, as Ellie got into the passenger's.

The silence between them was brutal, he couldn't take it for one more minute, "what's your problem?"

"Problem?"

"Yeah, its like you have a problem with...me or something."

"Just take me home." She demanded.

"No, tell me whats wrong." He said.

"Just take me home." She said, staring straight ahead.

"You know, just because you're in a fucked up relationship with that guy doesn't mean you need to take it out on everyone else, get the fuck out, I'll call Ross, he can take you home."

Ellie sat up, looking straight at him, "don't say shit to me like that, you don't know a damn thing about my relationship okay?!"

"Why did you go back to him?!"

They were now in the middle of a shouting war, neither backed down, both refusing to lose.

"WHY DO YOU CARE?!"

"WHY DON'T YOU?!"

"IT'S NONE OF YOUR FUCKING BUSINESS MATTY, CALL ROSS I'M GETTING THE FUCK OUT OF HERE I CAN'T DO THIS." Ellie opened the doors.

"I WANNA FUCKING KNOW!" He raged.

Ellie remained in her seat, slamming the door as hard as she could and turning back to him, "I WANNA FUCKING KNOW WHY YOU KISSED ME AND THEN DIDN'T TALK TO ME AGAIN AFTER, WHY YOU WANT TO HANG OUT WITH ME AND THEN PUSH ME AWAY, WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU?!"

"I LIKE HANGING OUT WITH YOU OKAY? IS THAT WHAT YOU WANNA HEAR? YOU SEEM TO LIKE IT WHEN A GUY TELLS YOU WHAT YOU WANNA HEAR, DON'T YOU? THAT'S HOW ANDREW GETS HIS WAY WITH YOU AND FUCKS YOU OVER IN THE END. YOU DON'T REALLY WANT TO BE WITH HIM, AND HE DOESN'T GIVE A SHIT ABOUT YOU!"

Ellie looked down at her hands which were suddenly shaking, she didn't know how to feel. If she was hurt, or happy. The truth is what hurt her the most, it was never a lie when the saying said so either.

"He doesn't...give a shit about you..." he repeated, breathless from all the shouting.

Ellie closed her eyes, she didn't want to look at him, she didn't want to look at anything.

"Does he?" Matty continued.

"He does."

"Does he?" He saw right through her lies, in disbelief that she could even lie to herself. He lifted her chin up, seeing the tears glisten in her eyes.

She leaned in and kissed him, making the first move, her own move. If he liked her, why would it be wrong? Andrew didn't care about her, and all she wanted in the moment, and for so many years before, was Matty.

He kissed her back with his hand against her cheek. She wrapped her arms around his neck as the kiss grew more intense, and his hands slowly trailed down her side and to her hips. He pulled her in closer, their lips crashing into one another's even harder as he helped her over to his side. She sat on his lap, facing him and cupping his face.

His hands trailed up her thigh and underneath her dress smoothly as she slipped her hands down his black denim jeans playfully. They both pulled away from one another, a smirk forming across Matty's face, provoking another from Ellie's as she went down.

He looked around the parking lot, as it wasn't yet deserted, pushing her head down slightly, to make certain they wouldn't be exposed. He gasped lightly, a soft sound escaping his mouth as he could feel the warmth of her's being taken up by his length as she breathed through her nose.

He had no intention or prediction of any of the such happening. He could have stepped into her skin for a night...in the moment she broke down. But instead, he'd be a liar if he didn't say he'd rather jump in her bones.

She continued to work his length in her mouth, slipping it in and out. She'd never imagined in a thousand years she'd be going down on Matty. She looked up at him, his head leaning back against the head rest in satisfaction.

He breathed out heavily, looking down at her also, "I'm gonna...you know..."

She slipped him out of her mouth and sat up, climbing back over to the passenger's side and handing him some napkins from her purse. He laughed slightly, so did she.

Not realizing the time, her eyes widened.

Midnight.

"Oh my gosh, I'm gonna be late. I gotta go."

He opened the door, "alright just a second." He headed to the trash and came back, starting up the car and shutting the door.

Ellie looked at him, he was so attractive in every way. She couldn't help but to stare even harder after all that happened.

He backed out of the parking space and headed out onto the road. The drive was peaceful, the car lights and the sleepless city was a beautiful sight. The silence wasn't empty. It was two people, taking in the presence of one another, and appreciating it. There was no need to speak, no need to converse. The only thing they needed, was the frequent eye exchanges they gave one another.

Playing with the cool air which had flown in through the open window, and Matty breathing in her hair, as it blew gently.