fifteen

"You guys were so amazing at the talent show!" Yanyu comments, stealing some of Zhangjing's fries.

Lifen nods, "The school's new power couple."

"I'm a bit disappointed that you stole the title from us," Ruibin pointed out as he put his arms around Lifen.

I smiled, trying to ignore the pain I'm feeling from the sight. After all, Yanchen and I are still faking it, "Oh no worries. You'll get your title back in no time."

Yanchen suddenly arrived with his crooked uniform.

"Where have you been?" Yanyu asked as he sat down beside me.

"Oh, I had to do something," Yanchen replied, fixing his tie. "So, what are we all talking about?"

I didn't mean to look but I accidentally spotted a girl who just walked in the cafeteria and I noticed her uniform was crooked as well.

Don't tell me...

"Hey!" Bangbang snapped his fingers in front of me. "Earth to Mingzhu, hello? Yanchen just asked you a question."

I came back to my senses and faced my fake boyfriend, "Oh right, what is it?"

"Xiao Gui invited me to go ice skating. Wanna come?"

"Just the three of us?"

"Xingjie's coming too," He suddenly pointed at Ruibin. "And Ruibin and Lifen and Yanyu, apparently everyone at this table except for Zhangjing and Bangbang."

I picked up the sandwhich on my tray, "I get why Bangbang isn't coming, but why not Zhangjing?"

"Truth be told, I'm scared of Xiao Gui," Zhangjing confessed.

"You're 5 years older than him," I pointed out.

Yanyu laughed, "Zhangjing is weak. Xiao Gui thinks he might suddenly beat him up."

"Stop making stuff up!" The boy exclaimed earning a slap from the girl.

.·:*¨¨*:·. .·:*¨¨*:·.

"Tell me again why I agreed to this?" I asked Yanyu as we put on some skating shoes.

"Because Ruibin is here?" Yanyu said. "Besides, it's your chance to go and show him what you're made of."

I furrowed my eyebrows at her, "He has a girlfriend. And besides, I can't steal him away."

Yanyu sighed, "You're such a goody two shoes. I can't believe you dragged me at that couples' event thing for nothing."

"It wasn't for nothing!" I tried cheering her up. "You met a guy there. What was his name again? I think it starts with a K?"

"Oh, that Kaihao guy? Yeah, but I only got his name, nothing else."

"You should've left your phone number in one of his papers when you bumped into him," I said, trying to remember what she told me.

"Nevermind that," Yanyu stood up, "I doubt I'll ever see him again, anyway -"

She suddenly bumped into someone but luckily the guy caught her in time, "I guess we meet again."

"K-kaihao," Yanyu stood straight as she fixed herself. "You're here!"

"Well, I kind of work here," Kaihao replied with a wink. Damn, he is gorgeous. Yanyu was right.

"Oh, right, where are my manners," Yanyu pulled me beside her. "This is my friend, Mingzhu."

I smiled and offered my hand, "Nice to meet you,"

Before he could take it, Yanchen appeared out of nowhere and grabbed my hand, "Who's this, babe?"

I gritted my teeth but continued to smile, "This is Kaihao. He works here."

"Ah," Yanchen said, "You better continue working then. You might lose your job."

Kaihao ignored Yanchen's rude comments and faced Yanyu, "I'll see you later then,"

As he was out of her sight, Yanyu exclaimed, "Why'd you scare him off, Zhou Yanchen?"

"Because he was flirting with my girlfriend!" Yanchen replied back.

I looked behind him and saw Ruibin and the others looking at us. I patted Yanyu on the back, "Don't worry. He just did that because we're supposed to be a couple, remember?"

Yanyu got the message, "Ohh, right. I forgot. My mistake."

"Let's go, then," Yanchen said, dragging me towards the skating rink.

I can feel myself getting flustered at how he's still holding my hand. I spotted Lifen and Ruibin chasing each other around.

Yanchen stopped in his tracks, "I'm sorry. But if I only invite Ruibin, Lifen would get suspicious."

I shook my head in response, "That's okay. I knew from that moment that I never had the chance. I was too stupid to even try."

"You're not stupid. That's what happens when you have a crush on someone. It lets you do silly stuff."

"Yo, wassup," Xiao Gui suddenly appeared. "So, you're Yanchen's new girl? The name's Xiao Gui."

I chuckled at his energy, "Nice to meet you. I'm Mingzhu."

Xiao Gui leaned in to Yanchen, "What number is she?"

Yanchen shoved Xiao Gui's head away, "What the hell are you talking about, you frog? Go play with Huba,"

"Jeez, I was just asking," The younger scratched his head as he moved away, running towards Xingjie.

"What did he mean when he say number?" I asked, since I was a bit curious myself.

"You don't need to know that," Yanchen showed off his sunshine-y smile which made me weak in the knees. "Let's skate some more."

Zhou Yanchen, seriously. Stop smiling.