Chapter 3

'We're done Mr. Malloy' Vance said. 'Yes Director, I'll brief the NSA'. Gibbs and Jake exited, meeting Jack. 'Hi' she said. 'Hi Jack. This is Jake Malloy' 'Good morning' Jake said. 'Nice to meet you'. 'Are you new here?' he asked. 'Yes, Special Agent Jacqueline Sloane. Your name reminds me something'. 'He's from the NSA' Gibbs stated. 'Oh. - Jack said understanding who was the man in front of her. - So, are we gonna to cooperate?' she asked. 'Yes, we are' Jake answered. 'C'mon Jake, we have to go' 'Yes Gibbs'. The two of them went downstairs, Jake looked for Ellie's eyes, but she was talking to McGee. So he went away. 'Ok, listen to me. - Gibbs said - We are gonna to cooperate with the NSA'. 'What?!' Bishop asked. 'Not my call Bishop' Gibbs said. 'Boss, we have a name. - McGee said taking the control of the plasma - Mohamed Fatimi. We've got his address too'. 'Ok, Torres, Bishop, go'. 'McGee, keep digging'. 'Copy that boss'  McGee said. Torres glanced at Bishop and they got in the elevator.

'Hey Bishop' Torres said driving. 'Yes?' she asked. 'How are you?' 'Well, I've just seen my ex-husband who works in the agency where I worked and we are gonna to cooperate'. 'Sorry' he said. 'No, no, no. I was rude. It's just, it's weird' 'Hey, you can talk to me. If you want. You and McGee know each other better, but I'm a good listener'. 'Thanks Nick, I appreciate it'. 'Let's go to catch the bad guy!' 'Yes' she said smiling. When they arrived the guy was exiting. 'Louis and Charlie in action' Torres said opening the car door. 'Mohamed Fatimi, NCIS!' Bishop shouted. He started to run. 'Nick, run. I'll take the car. Nick started to run, but the guy was very fast. He thought he outran Torres, but Bishop was smarter than him and he crushed with her car. 'Good work' Nick said, breathing heavy.

They came back to the headquarters and Gibbs took the guy for the interrogation. Then Bishop glanced at Vance's office and took the stairs. Her head was lowered, while she was thinking about what to say to the Director. 'Hey Bishop' Jack said. 'Oh, sorry Jack. I didn't see you'. 'Are you okay?' 'Not, I'm not'. 'Do you wanna talk?' 'Yes' 'Ok, let's go'.
Bishop sat at the chair in front of Jack's desk. 'What's the problem, Ellie?' 'My ex-husband'. 'Yes, I saw him. It wasn't an easy divorce for you, was it?' 'No, it wasn't' she answered. 'It's weird for you' Jack stated. 'Yes, it is. A lot of things changed, there was Qasim, and then Nick.' Bishop stopped herself. 'Nick what?' Jack asked. 'He, he joined the team'. 'Yes'. 'I should go' Bishop said. Jack understood she wasn't in a comfortable situation. 'Ok. Anyway, you can talk to me when you want. Remember it'. 'Thanks Jack'. 'Lollipop?' 'Yes' she said choosing the color. She took a green one. Jack smiled. 'Bye Jack' Bishop said. 'Bye Ellie'.