Two

Once Marty and I reached Doc's place, I hopped off the skateboard gratefully and stretched my legs.
"I hate that god awful skateboard, Marty. Can't you just trust Ferris to drive me till I get my car? Or at least until you get yours back from the shop?" I begged while I tried to get used to my legs after the 10 minute ride.
"No, I can't trust Ferris. And I'm not letting you in my truck. Ever," Marty answered. "And you are not missing school tomorrow."
I sighed heavily in frustration and went inside.
"Hi Doc..." I said when I passed Dr. Emmet Brown.
"Good afternoon, Ember," he answered. He furrowed his brows as I walked slowly to to a couch next to Einstein.
"What's the matter?" Doc asked.
I picked up the guitar that leaned next to me and tapped on it with my nails. "Marty is being mean again...." I answered while slightly trailing off.
As if on cue, Marty opened the door and went to see what Doc was working on.
To kill time, I provided background music by playing whatever riff came to mind.
It slowly morphed into Jailhouse Rock and I whistled the lyrics as I played.
"Ember?" Marty called. I ignored him since I was almost to the bridge of the song and continued playing.
"Ember!!" Marty called again, this time louder. "Please, keep it down?"
I scoffed at him but stopped playing anyway.
'I wasn't even playing that loud!!' I thought to myself. When Doc left the room for a minute, I considered getting behind my brother and hitting him with a blunt object.
Not to kill him, of course, but to definitely give him a concussion or amnesia.
However, after some short reasoning I decided off it.
'He's useful...' I thought and calmly eased back into the couch.

*//*

Later that night, Marty had gotten pizza for dinner. Our parents were already in Tulsa for dad's book signing so Marty and I had to deal with each other until tomorrow night.
After a brief argument about Ferris, I went up to my bedroom to be angry.
'Why does he have a problem with Ferris?? He's not that bad!' I thought to myself. I fell back onto my bed and looked at the picture of Ferris and I on my nightstand.
I smiled while remembering the summer fair. My vision focused on a picture of Marty and I that was taken only minutes before Ferris arrived there that same day.
I sighed and thought harder and, in retrospect, that day was the first time I saw Marty happy with Ferris around.
"...I wonder what happened..." I whispered out loud.
"Yeah. I wonder..." Another voice said.
I gasped and turned and saw Ferris standing by my now open window.
I breathed a sigh of relief and sat up to face him.
"What're you doing here?" I asked him.
He smirked and sat next to me. "I've come to make a plan for tomorrow." Ferris said.
"But Marty said I can't go. I have to stay here for tomorrow's drive." I argued.
Ferris sighed and ran his hand through my hair. "Since when have you known me to follow the rules?"
I laughed and nodded because he was right.
Ferris went on and on about what he wanted to do the next day. I wasn't entirely listening, but instead I was captivated by the way Ferris's eyes lit up when he talked about the things he was passionate about.
I eventually came back down to earth when I heard him mention a parade float.
"Wait, wait, wait!" I said cutting him off.
"A parade?? Ferris I think that's taking it a little too far."
Ferris tolled his eyes at my concern. "What do you mean by 'too far'?" He asked, using air quotes.
I sighed a little but laughed at his obvious annoyance. "I mean what if Mary catches us? We'll never hear the end of it!"
Ferris gave a small chuckle and kissed my forehead. "Two things I should teach you, Ember my love. A, you can never go too far. And B, if I'm gonna get busted, it is not gonna be by a guy like Marty."
I laughed at his little joke and put my head on his shoulder.
We laid in bed for a bit, planning for the next day and making jokes in between. Things got a bit heated after a while, but once we noticed that it was 1AM, Ferris made his way home.
I feel asleep closer to 2:00 after thinking for a while about the difference between bear, bear, and bare.

~~*~~

Hey people 
Sorry I'm so bad at updating, and I know it got a little weird in the middle there. I'm not sure what happened.
But despite that, I hope you liked the part, I know it's short, but the next few chapters will/should be pretty long.
Hopefully they don't take a year in a half to come out.
~Rae🌻