Initiation and A Dragoness PT. 2

Start from the beginning

Jaune: 'Really Oz, chess pieces, I can think of some better relics.'

Ozpin: Any questions... good.

Jaune snapped out of it as he realized that he had missed everything and saw a few people be sent off. He took a deep breath as he remembered doing H.A.L.O. Jumps back on Earth. When it was his turn, he closed his eyes as he was launched, he could feel the wind brush against his armor as he soared through the sky. When he opened his eyes, he saw that he was slowly getting closer to the ground and causing him to deploy his chute when he was at the right height. As he drifted to the ground, he looked around to see others using their land strategies. He saw some use their momentum to land while others used their weapons. When he was past the tree line, his chute got caught on one of the low hanging branches that was ten feet above the ground. This caused him to cut his chute loose as he land on the forest floor. When he was on the ground, he pulled out his shotgun, The Equalizer, and started off towards the northwest. On the way there, however, he had heard a rustling noise to his left. He quickly aimed Equalizer in said direction, only for him to put it back down as a young male Faunus  stepped out of the bush.

Jaune: Shit dude, if I didn't wait to pull the trigger I'd say that your head would probably be paste.

???: There's really no need to worry about me, I'm perfectly capable of taking care of myself.

Jaune: Noted, anyways, I'm Jaune Boone, nice to meet you...?

Ren: Lie Ren, nice meet you Mr. Boone.

Jaune: Please, Mr. Boone is my dad, just call me Jaune.

Ren: Alright Jaune, I guess this makes us partners.

Jaune: So it does. Alright, judging from my built in compass, the ruins are north east of here.

Ren: You have a built in compass on your...?

Jaune: Its a Pipboy.

Ren: Noted. Well, lead the way.

The two then started walking, each talking about a childhood memories that they enjoyed. One of which, for Jaune, was on his fourteenth birthday. His dad had let him go hunting by himself since he had learned not only how to hunt, but how to survive as well. When he had returned home, he brought back something that had surprised his dad; the corpse of a Mirlurk. He let Jaune keep the shell of it as it was his kill, but they did have mirlurk steak for dinner that night.

Ren: Sounds like an eventful birthday.

Jaune: It was, I still have the shell with me, too. When this initiation is all over, I might show you and the team we're put on.

Ren: I'll hold you to it.

As they continued on their way, they came face to face with a two headed snake.

Jaune: Well, that's a thing...

Ren: How're you... never mind.

The both of them then take out their dual SMGs before looking at each other.

Ren: You dual wield as well?

Jaune: Fuck yeah man, who wouldn't. Plus...

Under his mask, a malicious grin grew.

Jaune: ... this things got nothing on me.

A dark aura can be seen resonating from him as the king taijitu tries to back up, only to back up into a stone wall. As they looked back at Jaune, his SMGs were replaced by claws that covered the tops of his gloves.

Jaune: This is the best that they have to offer, yet they can't stand to face a war hardened soldier who has seen death throughout most of his life... I'm disappointed.

Before either heads had time to react, the last thing they saw was them falling to the ground as their bodies fell down beside them. The king taijitu then disintegrated itself as Jaune sheathed the Deathclaw Claws and walked past Ren, who was equally shocked and amazed at the sight.

Ren: How did you do that...?

Jaune: I just used the power gloves to propel them forwards before dragging them across their necks and landing back on the ground.

Ren: I mean how did you do that without using your aura?

At this point, Jaune had stopped. He'd forgotten that since he was back on Remnant, they use aura to strengthen either their bodies, their weapons, or both.

Jaune: I'd be lying if I said that I hadn't unlocked it. Truthful be told, it's a crutch that I don't need.

This surprised Ren as he was taught to always use aura as a means of protection. His semblance even allowed him to disappear from an enemy's sight.

Ren: Forgive me for asking, but why do you call it a crutch.

Jaune: Simple answer: It just makes us predictable; long answer: The more we rely on something, the more we become predictable. If we use said crutch too much, then our enemy catches on and uses it against us. It's like one of my uncles said, 'The more crutches we have, that harder it's gonna hurt when they're kicked out from under us.' Aura was simply a crutch. Where I'm from, if you use a crutch too much, you become predictable. If you become predictable, you can't adapt. If you can't adapt, you can't survive. If you can't survive,... then your dead. It's a messed up way of thinking, I know, but it's how I lived for seven years of my life. I just got used to it; I learned how to adapt and I survived.

Although he was right that it was a messed up way of thinking, he wasn't wrong. He knew all too well what it's like to live and survive each day. Him and Nora both knew what it was like.

Jaune: Anyways, let's get going. Don't want to flunk the entrance exam.

Ren: Too true.

The two then walked off again. When they finally made it to the ruins, they came face to face with Yang and Blake.

Jaune: Hey Yang, Blake.

Yang: Hey Jauney, what's a handsome devil like you doing all the way out here?

Jaune: Oh you know, just taking entrance exam and what not. What's a lovely lady like you doing all the way out here?

Yang: Sane, but more taking care of Ruby then anything.

Jaune: Speaking of Ruby, where is she?

They both then head a scream as Jaune held out his arms and caught her.

Jaune: Hey Ruby, when did you drop in to say hello?

Yang burst out laughing as Ruby just groaned and rolled her eyes. Jaune then put her down as she rushed over and embraced Yang in a hug.

Ruby: Yang!

Yang: Ruby!

???: Nora!!

Everyone looked confused as to who said that before turning to the forest and seeing an Ursa with two people riding on top of it. Jaune didn't pay much mind as he picked up a Rook.

??? (Nora): Aw, it broke.

Pyrrha: Can we please never do that again?

??? (Nora): You don't have to but this is normal for me.

Ren just face-palmed at Nora's antics as this would be a normal thing.

Yang: GAH, CAN EVERYONE JUST CALM DOWN FOR TWO SECONDS!!!!

Jaune: One... two...

He then extended his arms, only to catch Weiss in them as she looked at her savior.

Jaune: Hello there heiress.

He then placed her on her feet as she scoffed a bit.

Weiss: My hero...

That's when things went from good to bad as a Deathstalker appeared. It didn't know, however, that it was  horribly fucked. No one noticed that Jaune had another wicked smile.