Shadow That Follows Her

Hey all,

Firstly I'm really sorry that I kept very long to update this story. What to do guys? Genre itself Mystery/Horror and I have never tried one!
So I kindly request you all to read the story first and then vote for it. Also don’t forget to share your views about my first attempt on this genre.

Sorry in advance if I didn’t reach your expectations!

Let’s get into the story,

The day of colors, the entire Mehra Mansion is filled with colors! It isn’t Mansion; actually it is Abhi’s kingdom. The one man stays there. He hates the loneliness there. The loneliness, which became like curse for his rest of life

One accident turned his life upside down. His entire family died in the accident, his dearly Daadi and his only sister Alia. Not the least, a woman who loved and cared him as his own son, also died in that accident unfortunately. She is none other than, Sarla maa their house maid from his childhood. Abhi’s mother is a single parent, as his father eloped due to the poverty in their family condition. When Abhi was three years, Abhi’s mother died while delivering Alia to the world.

Sarla was the one who took care of Abhi and Alia. He doesn’t know much about Sarla. All he knows about her was she is his mother alike. When he turned 16, he saw her daughter Pragya joining along with her in their mansion. She also helped her mother in doing house hold chores. She became Alia’s close friend. Daadi and Sarla maa was very fond towards three of them.

Almost a year over after the drastic incident took place in Mehra Mansion. On that fateful day, Pragya stayed in home only because Abhi’s health wasn’t fine and remaining everyone went to Nasthik for some prayer Puja.  That night, the news reached Abhi that the car his family travelled fell out from the bridge and all of them died at the spot, drowning inside the water.

He still has the fresh memory of Pragya crying out loudly, calling out her maa to wake up. She grabbed Alia’s arm and shouted to stop her act and she wants her to wake up. She argued with Daadi’s corpse as she wasn’t acting as usual to escape from her medicine. How close she was to his family? Pragya is always a delicate adorable innocent girl for him.

To change her mood and to have a change in his life, he arranged this Holi celebration in his Mansion. The first celebration after the loss he faced, she faced they faced together. He invited many celebrities, his work mates, his costars. Being a celebrity, throwing party is a usual thing so they all accepted his invite readily. Who will ignore Abhi The Rockstar’s invitation?

Pragya stays in the small compact room near the kitchen. Abhi insisted her to stay in guest room, but she gently refused that she wants to stay in the same room, her mother stayed. She wants to live with the feelings of being with her mother. Abhi left with no option, just agreed with her.