Ch 2. For you.

En başından başla

Mitch simply shrugged, with a tilt of his head and a secret smile. He did that a lot. 

“I don’t know. You just do.” 

Scott shook his head with a smile. 

“Well if I look hungry, then you look like you’re STARVING. I swear you must not ever eat.” 

Mitch smirked, voice full of sass “I can’t help it I’m skinny.” 

“Are you calling me fat?!” 

“Did I say you were fat?” and there was the eyebrow. Scott had a fascination with his eyebrows. He’d never seen anyone with such an expressive face, and Scott’s theory was that it was because Mitch’s eyebrows had as much, if not more, of an ability to get his point across as his mouth did.

“Well, you need to eat a cupcake, or 10.” 

“Your body is perfect. The perfect body…” Mitch shrugged. 

That was new. Mitch hadn’t ever really complimented him before. It felt nice.

“Um.. thanks.” Scott shifted a bit in his seat, not sure why Mitch’s compliment had meant so much. It was a simple statement, and Scott had worked hard to get this body, mostly because letting frustration out at the gym was easier than crying alone at home. 

But, for some reason, when Mitch said it, it made him feel something. 

He was trying his damnedest not to feel anything, but Mitch… Mitch had been looking at his body. Why was that something he should care about? 

But he did. It just raised more and more questions. 

Scott hated questions. 

He looked up to look at Mitch who had stopped playing with the stapler and had moved on to attaching the paper clips together in a chain.

As soon as their eyes met, something flickered in Mitch’s eyes and they slowly narrowed. 

“I should go home. You should eat something.” 

He stood, putting the paper clips back in their place and headed for the door again. 

Scott had the urge to call him back, to find a way to make it last, to hold on to the human interaction, but Mitch was already gone before he could finish making a decision.

His stomach rumbled out loud. 

It made Scott laugh.

I guess I am hungry…

One more night of depression.

Scott found himself crying again in the middle of the night.

He hated cooking for one. He hated the fact that no one was there to talk to over dinner. He HATED the fact that his bed was empty. 

He missed Alex more and more, and even though everyone said it would eventually get better, it only seemed to get worse. 

The longer Scott was alone the more he thought about it.  The more he missed, the more he hated himself for not being good enough to keep him,  for not being enough to make him love him. 

His mind was so fragile. Horrible thoughts soared through his mind. 

Every morning he awoke surprised that he had lived through another night. 

~

As usual he arrived at the building before anyone else. 

That’s just how it had always been, even when he HAD been singing. He enjoyed the quiet, the emptiness…