Harvey Bullock X Reader

Start from the beginning

Harvey narrows his eyes at Jim, "Where're you going with this?"

Jim sighs, "Harvey, you should do what's best for Y/n. I know you care for her, and if you really loved her you'd let her go. She's not safe with you."

"She's not safe without me! I protect her!"

"No Harvey, you don't. She could be kidnapped, tortured, killed. You don't want that to happen. Remember Barbra? Victor Zsasz got her, and I couldn't do anything to help her except surrender. I don't want that to happen to Y/n... Harvey this isn't just about you, you have to think about her well-being. Remember the Spirit of the Goat? You have a lot of enemies. I just don't want anything to happen to you or Y/n. Can't you see that?"

Harvey looks at the floor, downcast. He knew that Jim was right, and he also knew that what he was going to do would hurt.

-Your POV-

You sat in your apartment, waiting for Harvey. He said that he'd be there at six, but he hasn't shown up yet.

Staring at the candle's flame, you wait.

An hour passes, and you decide to phone him, but he doesn't pick up.

Another hour passes, and you decide to call Jim. He picks up.

"Jim, do you know where Harvey is?! He hasn't picked up, and he said he'd be here-"

"Y/n, relax. Harvey had to cancel, but he's alright."

"C-cancel? Why?"

"He," Jim sighs, "he has to speak to you tomorrow. Now, I'm sorry, but I got to go." With that he hangs up, leaving you to your thoughts.

The night passed slowly, and sleep hardly came to you. You were nervous. Harvey never canceled unless he was in trouble, but Jim said he was fine, and Jim never lies.

Morning came quietly, and you get up and do your normal routine before heading to the GCPD to speak to Harvey.

When you arrive, you see Jim and Harvey talking by the usual spot.

You smile at seeing Harvey perfectly fine, and dash up to them.

"Harvey, I was worried sick! Are you alright?"

"Yeah, I'm fine. I need to talk to you."

"Yeah, Jim told me," You reply, still smiling.

Harvey jerks his head over towards a small room, and you follow him in.

"Harv, what's wrong?"

"Y/n, I'm breaking up with you."

Your heart plummets, and your smile instantly fades, "Is this a joke? Cause it's not funny."

"It's not a joke! You're good for nothing, you suck at cooking, you're a pathetic wimp, and you-you're a worthless whore!"

He adds some more less than nice words, and continues with the verbal abuse for a solid two minutes, before seeing your face and knowing that he went too far.

A single teardrop rolls down your cheek, and your countenance is miserable. Your eyes burn with unshed tears, and your lower lip quivers.

No one has ever laid into you like that, no one would ever want to hurt you like that.

Harvey smothered the bright happiness of your soul, and replaced it with a charred, smoking wick.

Empty, cold, and lonely.

"Y/n-" Harvey starts, remorseful.

But it's too late.

"Don't." Your voice is hard and unfeeling as your try to suppress your pain.