Chapter 1

This is it, I thought. I collapse in an alley way. I brush my blonde hair out of my face and look up at the sky as I take, what I thought was my last breathe.

"This way!" I heard a voice, it snapped me out of my thoughts. An Asain man and a police officer stop in front of me.

"Is she dead?" The Asain asks.

"I don't know but we better hurry."

"Get up! Get up now!" The Asain helps me up and pushes me up a ladder without any explanation.

We rest on a little balcony like thing, but definitely not one.

"What just happened?" I ask propping myself up against the building.

"We just saved your ass." Says the cop.

"I'm Glenn." Says the Asain.

"Rick." The police officer states.

I take a big breath before speaking, "I'm Fawn."

"Well nice to meet you." Glenn faintly smiles before the ladder below shakes violently.

"We got to continue. With any luck, it'll be the fall that kills us. I'm a glass half full kinda guy." Glenn says as he climbs up, followed by Rick and then me.

Once we reach the roof we go through some rooms before reaching a department clothing store. A blonde rushes up swinging a gun back and forth at me and Rick.

"Glenn who are they!" She shoves the gun in Rick's face. "Because of this ass firing off randomly in the street we're dead."

"Andrea back off!" A guy chimes in from the back.

Her eyes well up a bit and she shoves Rick before turning her attention to me. She seems to be sizing me up. I stand up straight and glare at her. She turns to Glenn.

"Why did you bring them here?"

"Look Andrea it's us against those things right now. If I ever needed help, I have hope that someone will rescue me."

All of a sudden there's a shot heard from above.

"Oh hell is that Dixon?" Andrea rushes up to the roof, everyone follows.

Up at the edge of the roof, firing down in the streets is an older looking guy but not too old.

"Dixon are you crazy!" The heavyset guy says.

The guy, who I assume his name is Dixon, ignored him. The heavier guy gets his attention.

"Hey, you should be polite to a man with a gun." He states and turns around, carelessly waving around the gun. He jumps down. "That should be common sense."

The darker guy rushes towards him.

"You're wasting bullets we ain't even got man!" He yells. "Just chill out with them!"

They get in each other's face.

"Bad enough I got this taco vendor on my ass all day, now you think I'm going to take orders from you? That'll be the day." Dixon says.

"That'll be the day? You have something you wanna tell me?"

"T-dog just calm down." The heavy guy says.

Dixon starts spitting racist slurs and they go at it right there. Everyone starts panicking and Rick rushes over to them. I try but Glenn puts his hand on my shoulder. Rick gets punched by Dixon. Andrea and the dark skinned lady are trying to get him to stop.

I run before Glenn notices and grab Dixon's shoulder.

"Leave him alone!"

He shoves me and then he shoves T-dog, climbing on him and pulling a gun. Glenn runs over to me, helping me up.

"Are you ok?" He checks me as if I was a fragile doll.

"I'm fine I'm fine." I brush off.

Glenn has a look of anger but if he even tried to stand up to Dixon, Glenn would get squished. Everyone is silent watching intensely.

Dixon spits on T-dog and rises, boasting.

"Who's in charge! I vote me. C'mon everyone show of hands."

Slowly everyone raises their hands. Expect for the dark lady and I, she flips him off as I just cross my arms. Glenn gives me a concerned look. Dixon begins boasting again when all of a sudden, Rick shows up behind him and hits him with a gun.

Rick then handcuffs him to a pipe. Rick gets in his face, fixing a gun and Dixon's errors. After a minute Rick walks away followed by the heavy guy. They walk away and start talking.