I slam the door with a thud and slump over my bag. I  sniffle and wipe furiously at my eyes. A few minutes pass before Grayson comes and gets into the car.
"Even though you didn't want to talk to him, he told me to tell you that he loves you." Grayson sighs.

I shoot him a glare from the back seat, "He left just like everyone else. You don't leave people you love."

After that, neither of us say a word to each other the whole way to the school.

When we arrive I climb hastily out of the car and angrily walk to Sophie's classroom, not even realizing that I pass Sophie in the hallway on the way there. Dropping my stuff next to my seat, I rest my head in my hands, tiredly wishing I was in my bed with my stuffies. Grayson and Sophie stand outside the doorway talking.

"I dont know, Sophie." I hear, only catching part of their conversation. "She's just been so angry this morning. She said she hated me and that it was my fault he left." Grayson says quietly
"But he's coming home today." Sophie says confusedly
"I know, but she is fully convinced that he isn't." Grayson argues

They talk for a while more before separating to get to work. Sophie shoots me a soft smile as she makes her way to her desk.

"Good morni-"She says, only for me to cut her off abruptly.
"If you are going to talk about me then you could at least do it to my face like everyone else. At least they have the decency of that." I grumble
She goes to speak but stops herself.

Sophie sits down at her desk silently, looking slightly guilty. I huff and slip down into my seat, feeling bad that I hurt her feelings when she was only trying to make me feel better.

The day goes by agonizingly slowly. Eventually, I find myself sitting in the back seat of Grayson's car with Sophie in the passenger seat on our way to the air port. Soon, we are making our way through security to get to the airplane gate. More people join us as we wait.

We stand there waiting for a while, and I watch outside the window as the plane is pulled slowly up to the unloading dock. Minutes go by before the door is opened by a flight attendant and passenger begin to file out of the plane.

"See, I knew he wasn't coming home." I tell myself after more and more people come out.

The anger burning in my chest grows with every passing second. I watch as some of the passengers are greeted by people who care about them and then leave. Others just walk by themselves out of the airport. Sophie and Grayson carry on their own conversation while I stand here, silently staring at the floor.

Sophie suddenly gasp and races forward. I look up to see her engulfing Luke in a hug. Grayson is the next to go forward for a hug. Big smiles are on all of their faces as they greet each other. Luke's eyes soon find me standing behind them a few feet away. A huge, joy filled smile spreads across his face when he sees me. Luke immediately stops listening to whatever Grayson was saying and pushes past him to head to me.

His bags drop from his hands and land softly on the carpeted floor. Luke rushes to me we open arms, but I take hurried steps backwards as soon as he gets close. The smile falls, and a look of hurt and confusion comes across his face.

"Love bug," Luke says softly, horrified by my actions.

I shake my head no as I take another step back. I bite my lip and take deep breaths to keep myself from crying. Guilt spreads from my stomach to my whole body as I see Luke's face.

"NO! He left just like everyone else. Don't feel sorry for him." I command myself

I stand straight up and ball my fist at my sides, strengthening my willpower and stance.