2

"Did you really have engage with him?" Clint scolded his brother in arms. Pacing the back alley way running his hands through his hair. His clothing was singed, and soot clung to his pant legs. "And what the hell are we going to tell Fury huh?"
"He had it coming." Steve spat on the ground, blood mixed with the spit as he pressed his fingers lightly on his swollen eye.
"Dude! You barely tapped him before he made the place explode in a ball of hell fire!" Clint almost screamed, looking at Steve incredulously. "I'd expect this sort of behavior from one of the kids, like Peter but not you."
"He insulted dad." Steve replied, the cut on his lip stung.
"So do half of the mortals, you going to pick a fight with all of them?" Clint went back to pacing, the alley way began to lighten from above. It continued to get brighter until it was as bright as looking at the sun, then the light vanished along with the two men.

"Just couldn't help it?" Sam laughed as he clapped Bucky on his shoulder.
"Man, come on it's been a while since we encounter angels. I just couldn't not burn the place down." He chuckled as they walked the street, a steady rain began to fall.
"I think you were being a bit of show off." Sam replied with amusement.
"Okay, maybe just a bit. Think the hell fire was too much?" He eyed the other demon with cocky look.
"I don't know." Sam sighed, pulling open the door to the diner. "You still didn't get the girl."
"And this century is still young, don't worry, she will be mine." He replied as they took a booth.
"Gentlemen." You stated not looking over as a commotion over the kitchen caught your attention.
Sam looked at you then back to Bucky with a raised eyebrow, Bucky grinned at his friend folding his arms on the table.
"Coffee?" You asked finally looking back at them. Your eyes landed on Bucky, you chuckled when his eyes raised to meet yours. "You."
"Hey." He replied shyly, bringing his hand to the back of his neck.
"Glad to see you made it out of the bar last night." You tell him, pouring them some coffee.
"Yeah, Sam and I left right before it happened. Crazy, huh?" Bucky stated, looking over at his friend.
"Can I get you anything?" You asked, jotting down their orders before turning to the kitchen.
"Yeah, I'd like a slice of you." Bucky whispered well after you were out of ear shot.
"Lucky devil you. Love how your playing up the shy boy bit." Sam stated, mocking Bucky rubbing the back of his own neck.
"Shut it Falcon." He hissed, watching you from the table.

"So what exactly happened?" Fury's voice boomed as both men stood in his office. Clint stood away from Steve, lips forming a thin line and arms crossed.
"It was a demon." Steve replied, straightening his body out.
"I was well aware it was a demon, what I fail to understand is why you decided to engage with it." Fury slammed his palms down on the desk.
"Sir, he was out of line." Steve stated, eyes forward like the soldier he was.
"He was out of line, and please tell me what he said that would of have had the result in him using hell fire in an enclosed public place." Fury demanded, but didn't wait for a response. "We have an agreement with those low life's after the last world war. We don't engage, we ignore them and they ignore us. Now I'm going to go have to meet Satan's second in command and fix this."
"Sir, I don't understand, why do we even have an agreement with them." Steve sighed, starting to feel his blood boil.
"Rogers, you damned well why the agreement was put into place! You stay away from them." He spat out before turning his attention to Clint.
"Hey man, I didn't have anything to do with this. I was just having a drink, waiting for the idiot to come back from talking to the girl." Clint stated, raising his hands.
"What girl?" Fury's eyebrow raised.
"It's no one, sir." Steve clipped.
"It better not be!" Fury stated, waving his hand with flourish both men were back in the alley they had started in.

You delivered the two men their food, the diner was slower then usually today.
"By the way, I'm Bucky, and this Sam." Bucky told you as you started to turn to leave, you weren't sure what made you pause midstep.
"I'm y/n." You tell him, looking down at him, his eyes racked down your body as he bit his lip. You felt your face flush and heart speed up. His eyes came back up to yours, he smiled at you coyly.
"Tell me, y/n, does your boyfriend tell you how stunning you are?" He purred sending a wave of heat through your body.
"I.. I don't have a boyfriend." You managed to stutter out, looking down.
"That should be a crime." He smiled, looking over at his friend. "Isn't that right Sam."
"Damn straight." Sam replied, looking up at you. "My buddy here was talking about you as we left the bar last night. Afraid he blew any chance he might have had."
"Yeah, I try not to pick up men at..." the ding from the door opening caught you attention, you looked over and saw the blonde man from the night before. "I'll be right back, guys."
"It's the holy jock stains." Bucky sneered watching as you went to greet the angels.
"Oh, now this is getting good." Sam chuckled light hearted lightly. He looked back at Bucky, his eyes were black, as his chest heaved as he glared at the heavenly bodies in the room.

"You made it out." You breathed walking up to the men, relief washed through you, you weren't even sure why.
"Yeah, takes a lot to keep us down." Clint replied as he and Steve sat down. Steve's face had almost healed with the few minutes they had been in been heaven a purple tint held to his no longer swollen eye. "I'm Clint and this idiot is Steve."
"Nice to meet you." You say locking eyes with Steve, he smiled warmly with you. "What happened to your eye?"
"Some punk, decided to sucker punch me." Steve raised his voice a bit knowing the demon was seated just a bit of a distance away.
"That's a dick move." You chuckle. "What can I get you guys?"
You took their order and returned to kitchen.

"What are you going to do now, Bucky, can't exactly burn the place down this time." Sam remarked, crossing his arms, amusement in his eyes.