Chapter 12

~Ziva's pov~

She slowly opened her eyes, a safe feeling surrounding her entire body and mind. When she finally really was awake, she realised where she was, and with whom. She was now laying on her side, on the couch. Well... on the couch... Her head was on his chest and her right hand was on his chest too, next to her head. Their legs were all tangled up in each other. She felt his right hand resting on her side, giving her goosebumps everywhere. His other hand was over hers. She slowly looked up to him, not wanting to wake him up. He was still sleeping, a little smile on his face. She smiled too, but she didn't really know why. For some reason she just had to smile and she didn't want to get up yet, so she just laid her head back down and gently grabbed the top of his hand, stroking her thumb over it. 'Ziva, what the hell are you doing,' she thought, 'you know how he is. In a few days he will probably have another "hot date". This whole week will be forgotten.' Just as she wanted to let go, she felt the hand on her side grab her tighter. He was awake. She quickly stopped stroking his hand and lay still. She heared him moan and then yawn. Then she felt a pair of lips on the top of her head. 'Ziva,' he whispered, 'wake up. It's already... 10 am.' He softly shook her. She just played along. She "yawned" and looked up at him again. She smiled at him and he smiled back, stroking a lock of hair out of her face. She looked him in the eyes, aware of how close their faces were. 'No, stop it,' she thought and she slowly sat up, pushing his legs of the couch so he had to sit up too. She turned the television off, it had been on all night.
'Lets get started then!'