Eli Minton: Year 5

Start from the beginning

"You would slam the door behind you so hard it cracks?" She raised an eyebrow teasingly.

Eli laughed. It was musical and golden and made her insides melt. She was quite glad she was sitting on the floor so she didn't fall over.

"Well, maybe not that particular reaction."

Amisty was about to open her mouth to reply but was quickly cut short as the bell rang.

"Looks like I successfully kept you out of Charms," She shook her head, getting to her feet. "I think you should go and catch up."

"Guess so," He sighed dramatically, running a hand through his hair.

Amisty looked away.

"Hey, uh, thanks for talking to me about that."

"Thanks for listening," She fixed her gaze firmly on her feet, unwilling to let him see how red her face was.

"Erm... I guess I'll see you around?"

She tilted her head back up, surprised to see his own cheeks were dusted with pink. His blue-green eyes were still sparkling.

Amisty gave a shy smile, "I'd like that."

-=+=-

Amisty, oh sweet Circe," Hermione ran through her hands in her hair, eyes wide and stressed. "You can't do things like that."

"Maybe not," Amisty scowled, pushing her food around her plate. "But I don't regret a single word I said."

"You have a detention," Hermione deadpanned.

"Worth the punishment," Amisty replied, looking up and just so happened to make eye contact with Eli.

He raised his hand in hello, smiling faintly. She felt her cheeks warm as she waved, looking away and tucking a strand of hair behind her ear.

Suddenly, Hermione was far less interested in Amisty's earlier outburst.

"That's not Malfoy that you're blushing over," She raised an eyebrow, not even being discrete as she peered off in Eli's direction. "That's a boy without grey eyes you're blushing over."

"Excuse me?!" Amisty sputtered, her cheeks flushing.

"I'm teasing you, Am," Hermione laughed, taking a sip of water. "But who is he?"

"Eli Minton," Amisty replied in an instant, her cheeks blazing. "He's in our year but he's in Hufflepuff."

"He's very good-looking," Hermione remarked casually.

Amisty coughed, burying her face in her hands.

Voice muffled, she mumbled, "I guess so."

"Does Malfoy know?"

"Do I need to tell him?"

Hermione shrugged, "Well, I just guessed you were... more serious with him."

"I don't really know..." Amisty's voice trailed off, uncertainty clear. "He just hasn't really said anything?"

"Do you like him?"

Amisty looked away, "Yeah."

"Do you like Eli?"

"I've just met him!"

"Yes," Hermione's expression was surprisingly serious. "It doesn't necessarily have to be romantically."

"He's very nice, and he listens really well," Amisty replied quietly. "I don't know him very well, though, but so far I do like him."