Slumber Party

"You sure you want to do this?"

"I dont care. It was your idea. Anything goes wrong its your fault."

"It probably doesnt even work."

Summer bought and ouija board. Its that game where you "communicate with the other side" I dont believe in it but i just try anyways. She wants to communicate with her dad. She says she doesnt believe it either but i know there is a flicker of hope inside her that does. We set it up on the table and play. She asks a question. Nothing. I ask a question. Nothing. She asks another question. Nothing. We try this a few times but nother happens. EVER. 

"I knew it didnt work."

"Yeah. It was a stupid idea anyways. Sorry for that."

'Its okay come on lets go."

I pull her by the hand and take her to my room. There i set up the my xbox and we play grand theft auto. I see her smile sometimes when she actually plays right. I decide we should play mortal combat and we have fun for a few hours just beating each other up. I hear a knock on the door.

"Come in!"

My mom brings snacks. She brings two big bag of chips and two cans of soda. Plus two plates. She greets summer then leaves. 

"You want?"

Summer nods. I open both bags and give her some cheetos and some takis in a plate. I hand it to her and get some for myself. I toss her a can and she catches it. We eat snacks and then decide to just talk.

"Can you please not tell anyone about my mom?"

"Look summer, if you think that i shouldnt i wont but if there ever comes a time that i feel its just gone to far. I dont care if you say no, i need to tell. Thats all i will promise. I will promise, however, that i wont ask you anything that you dont feel i need to know. Just know that i am always there for you"