#23. Tell Me I'm Not Dreaming

Magnus stepped into the crowded room and his eyes instinctivly fell on a specific blue eyed shadowhunter. He raced forward and reached him, before he remembered they had broken up. Alec spun around and met his gaze. Magnus looked away and pretended to be busy. He was shocked when he turned and Alec was walking over to him.

"Alexander..." He said softly as the boy neared him. A ghost of a smile appeared on the young boys face.

"Hey," He said shyly. Magnus smiled. How he missed his shyness. "I was, uh... wondering if you wanted to meet up some time." Alec added quietly. Magnus was shocked.

"Of course I would." He said. Alec leaned forward and placed a soft kiss on his lips.When he pulled back, Magnus had a face of pure shock. Then the boy walked away.

Magnus woke up and glanced around. His room was empty and dark. He looked at the clock. 4 am. With a sigh, he picked up his phone. No texts, no calls, nothing. He walked into his living room and looked around. A calander on the wall made his breath hitch.

_April 21_______

| Alec Lightwood |

| Died: 5: 17 pm|

| |

|_____________|

Memories flooded back to Magnus quickly. The last words. The funeral. The tears shed. The nights spent crying. The isolation. The starvation. Everything he did because of his Shadowhunters death. He looked at a poem taped to the wall and cried.

'Your blue eyes peirce right through me

Although you may not see

Your memory starts to fade

Is it gone, or in the shade?

You raven hair still comes to mind

But without you I feel blind

I make my way all by myself

My hands skim an empty shelf

Darling where have you been

Should I close my eyes and count to ten

Now that I think of you

The bright skies are no longer blue

The birds that fly through the sky

Soon enough will surely die'