Chapter 14

Standing out the window from the hotel, I look at the people walking past it and smile seeing children playing. We arrived in New Orleans a week ago, me and Lily explored the town and learned the history. I remember my mom telling me my father lived here, I wonder if the vampires in this town know him.

Looking in the mirror as I wore a white dress with white heels, "you ready?" Lily called out as I turn and nod following her out. We walked around New Orleans, we went into stories to buy a few gifts for the family. "I heard that bar is where vampires hang out" Lily would whisper to me, "come on" Lily said dragging me into the place.

I look around at the open space, "wow this place is amazing" Lily said while I nod. "Hello ladies" we heard a male voice as we turn to see a guy walk up to us, "Hi" Lily said with a smile, "my name is Marcel, I own this establishment" he said. "I am Lily and this is my best friend Juliet" she introduced us, "hope you have a good time, see you around" he said walking off.

"He seems nice" Lily said pulling me towards the bar, "yeah" I said while we got drinks and danced with a couple of people. We spent a few hours dancing and having a good time, I fell back on my bed with a sigh. "Thanks Lily, I needed this break" I told her as Lily chuckles, "of course, I liked it better before when there was no drama" Lily spoke while I nod and slowly start to fall asleep.