xii. CARSON THE CHEERLEADER

Começar do início

  "A what?" Scott and I exclaimed. The word seemed familiar but I couldn't put a finger on it. Stiles and I had done a lot of research on the supernatural, so after a while everything just kind of becomes Vampire Diaries related.

  "A bestiary."

  Scott laughed. "I think you mean bestiality."

    Stiles coughed awkwardly and my eyes widened. I shook my head before smacking Scott's arm. "No, no he doesn't."

  "It's like an encyclopedia of mythical creatures," Stiles added, looking as weirded out with Scott's comment as I was. That boy really needed to read a dictionary or something.

  "How I am the only one who seems to not know anything about all this stuff?" Scott groaned.

  "Okay, look. We're your best friends. You're a creature of the night. It's kind of like a priority of ours," Stiles told him, doing another one of his hand gestures.

  "Okay, so if this bestiary," I cut in, throwing a pointed look a Scott, "Can tell us what that the hell this Godzilla looking freak is, and who—"

  "We need to find that book," they said in unison. I looked at them oddly.

  "Okay, that wasn't creepy at all..." I mumbled, standing up and brushing my skirt off. "Come on boys, we have a book to go find."

  Twenty minutes later, Stiles and I had managed to track down Allison. She was outside studying in the cold. Why? We don't know. What I did know was that I was freezing my ass off out here. I need to invest in a warmer coat or something.

  Anyways, we figured she'd be the best place to start, seeing how it would be her family's book we were looking for. Scott wanted to tag along, bless his heart, but Gerard was creeping around everywhere so yeah...

  We had just finished explaining the whole bestiary thing and Allison giggled a bit.

  "I think you mean—"

  "No, I mean bestiary! And the two of you, I don't want to know what's going on in your heads," Stiles exclaimed.

  "Okay, um," Allison started, looking down. "Can you describe it?"

  "Well we think it's probably like a book, old, worn..." I began, trying to figure out the possibilities.

  "Like bound in leather?" Allison said, her head shooting up. "Because I've seen my grandfather with a book like that."

  Without another word, Stiles began sprinting back into the school. I furrowed my brow.

  "Uh, okay then..." I muttered, taking a seat next to Allison.

  "Where's he going?" she asked, tilting her head to the side as we watched him run up the stairs and into the building.

  "Don't ask," I replied. "It's probably better if we don't know."

  "So...want some candy?" I asked, digging through my bag for my half empty bag of M&Ms. She shrugged, putting her hand out for them.

  "Did you see the last episode of the Vampire Diaries?" she asked, popping the colored candies in her mouth while scribbling an answer down on her paper.

  "Damn that was crazy," I muttered. "Like what the hell was up with the ending?"

  She shook her head. "Yeah and now it's going on a four week hiatus."

  "They just can't pull that kind of shit. I need more shirtless Damon. And Elena needs to get her shit together and realize that Damon is the only one capable of loving her the way she needs to be loved."